Episode Twenty

Lincoln

Still taste my bitter victory from her lips when I hear my front door open; slam closed.

In no mood for company, I storm out of my office and run smack into Carlos.  (How the fuck fast was he moving?!)  Rage erupts; dies the moment his lips fall on mine.

He controls my mouth to open; my tongue to dance.  Holds my head in place as he devours me; follows me as I try to step away.  I hit the back wall; have nowhere left to go.

I relent to the way he owns me with his taste and his scent; his overwhelming presence.

Until both of us have to break; gasp for breath.

He snarls out in a tone that demands obedience, “This mouth is mine.”

And I finally notice the jealousy that fills his gaze with a dominating hardness he’s never exuded before.

I smirk.

Ask, deliberately casual, “How does it feel?”

He presses his entire body against me, locking me in; leans down and steals another kiss.

MINE,” bit into my lips.

I love this newfound possession.

Yet.

Irritation begins to rise.  I notice the moment he becomes aware of it.

“You do know that’s not the reason I’m fucking pissed at you, right?”

The confusion in his gaze tells me he’s clueless.  “What have I done this time?  You need to tell me when I screw up, Lovers.  You can’t just keep throwing me out.”

I sigh; push him away.  I’m grateful when he steps back.  Walking around him and down the hall, I plop onto the couch even as he follows and sits next to me.

Carlos grins over at me, “Mostly because we both know I’m not going to stay away.  And you don’t really want me to.”

He reaches out and runs his fingers through my hair; down my cheek.  Sends sparks that shoot lust to my brain; down my spine.

I lean into his touch; can’t stay angry with him.  Aware he’s trying.  Still.

“You should have come to me.  First.

He hangs his head; drops his hand.

Admits, quietly, “I was afraid you’d shove me out.  I can’t keep going hot and cold with you.”  He raises his gaze, need evident in those caramel treats that are his eyes, “I refuse to lose you again.”

The guilt is quick to hit.  In the past that’s exactly what I’ve done.

Surely he knows?

I take his hand in mine, “Lovers.  I’m not going to run anymore.  We fight together, or we split apart.  You’re not the only one that can’t keep up this cat and mouse neither of us want.”

I knew his father’s consent came much too fucking easy, and I’m more than willing to fight for my Carlos so long as that bastard sire of his stays out of my way.

Carlos grips my hand tight, shock and joy warring for supremacy over his facial features, “Together.”

“I love you,” my vow to him, unable and unwilling to keep it contained.  An energy that courses through me; a reality I’ve learned I can’t escape.  He has the power to raise me up.  Or destroy me.