EXTRA 2 | a very special christmas chapter

hi!

this chapter ties into the story more than the halloween one did, but rather than focusing on Law and Luffy I figured we could go into some of the other romantic pairs in this story. Of course Law and Luffy will get their own chapter, but enjoy! :)

***

Zoro's POV

•••

Instead of doing what we usually do for Christmas, we spent Christmas Eve with Luffy, leaving time for me and Sanji to hang out.

"Oi, Moss Head." Sanji called from the kitchen.

"Yes, my love?"

He blushed. "What do you want to eat? Also, I need a cigarette and I can't touch it while cooking, care to help me with that?"

I lit a cigarette and put it between his lips.

"I don't care, make whatever you want, you're the cook. I don't know why you insisted on cooking, we could just order out."

"Take out orders are a cooks nightmare." Sanji begun, motioning for another hit of his cigarette. "Christmas is special, I want to cook something special for you."

"How about we save the food for later, I know something else we could get up to in the meantime~" I teased Sanji.

"I guess I wouldn't mind that, but we should exchange gifts first." 

I was honestly more excited than I'd like to be for exchanging gifts. I sent our old friend Vivi a text, who was currently running a jewelry shop part-time, and had her make promise rings for me and Sanji.

"I love it." Sanji said, smiling a smile I didn't get to see often. He hugged me, and was about to lean in for a kiss, but he shyly pulled away when he realized I wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Your gift is better than mine, but... I got you a new cloak. Yours is falling apart." he said shyly, and I pulled him back into me for a heated kiss.

this was going to be one hell of a morning.

***

Franky's POV

•••

There isn't much you can do on a cold Christmas afternoon whenever you're a super married couple without kids, but I was glad to be spending it peacefully grading late work from my class in the company of my beloved Robin.

"Franky?" Robin had just left the bathroom, and she was walking towards me.

"Didya need something?" I asked, looking at her.

"I have some... news for you." She said, but there was a smile in her eyes, so I wasn't worried it would be bad news.

"Oh yeah? Something super spectacular happen?"

"As a matter of fact, yes." I raised an eyebrow at her. "I don't know how to say this any other way, but, I'm pregnant!" 

I couldn't believe my ears, and when she showed me the pregnancy test I started crying immediately.

"I'm so happy, I get to be a dad!" I said, and I was hugging Robin. "I mean, unless you don't want to keep it?" This idea scared me a bit, but it was Robin's body and her choice.

"Of course we're going to keep it, I wouldn't have it any other way."

***

Nami's POV

•••

Today was Christmas. I ADORED Christmas.

Even though my family wasn't exactly well-off when it came to money, Bellemere always made sure we had an amazing Christmas.

My friends made sure of that too, and I was happy to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and best friend, Usopp. He sadly had to work today, but when he came back I knew we would have the best time ever.

"Nami?" Usopp said when he got home.

"Yes?" I left my room wearing a Christmas themed bikini top paired with checkered pajama pants and a white hoodie that no doubt once belonged to Trafalgar.

"Let's go on a walk." Usopp suggested.

"Okay? Did you have some place particular in mind?"

"I do, actually." 

"Wow, you actually thought ahead for once!"

***

Usopp's POV

•••

I had been dating Nami for years. I was the luckiest guy in the world, and even though I was being totally robbed of our first time because of Kidd, I knew exactly what I wanted to do today.

Christmas is Nami's favorite holiday, and I've been working extra hard to save up.

I'm going to propose to her today, at the place where it all started.

***

"Where are we going?" Nami asked after a while.

"We're almost there, don't worry." Our high school was beautiful during Christmas. Especially at the sunset time of day, where the snow covered everything and the various decorations lit up.

"Why are we at our old high school?" She cocked her head to the side, and smiled at how pretty it was. I grabbed her hand and got down on one knee.

"Nami," she let out a gasp as I knelt the ground and pulled out a ring and said "I know things haven't been easy lately. I know we're young, and maybe this is stupid. Maybe even though we're 20 we don't know anything about love, but I do know I love you, and nothing would make me happier than the honor of calling you my wife."

"are you kidding me?? what kind of question is that!? of course I want to marry you!" Nami pulled me up from the ground and took the ring. I wanted her engagement ring to be special, but I wanted her wedding ring to be even more special.

So, I proposed to her with my mom's wedding ring, and would give her the ring she deserved for her wedding.

"You know," Nami said after a while. "I'm sure Zoro and Sanji are busy, and I have the house alone so... what do you say to, staying over?" She was smiling.

"Are you... asking what I hope you are?"

Her smile grew. "I think I'm ready."

•••