CH.1 PARTY

Narrator's Point Of View

Loud, sweaty dancing teenagers, the smell of alcohol lingering in every nook and cranny of the place. Pushing through a drunk crowd was not something Haerin would imagine she'd be doing on a weekend night. She was simple, she just wanted to cuddle in bed, blast the music on her phone, and read. If she was feeling whimsical, maybe a movie was more appropriate.

"Dragging me to party and then leaving me!?!" Shouting ever so quietly, Haerin was fuming with anger. Her troubles were caused by her Best friend/ roommate who had dragged her.....well more like guilt-tripped her into coming here.

Flashback

"Come on Hae, just this once" Kim Eunchae pleaded with her best puppy eyes, not that it worked on Haerin. This wasn't the first time the latter had asked her roommate to come with her, she never did succeed. Until tonight.

" No, no, and N.O. I have no interest in drinking, loud smelly teenagers who would then try to disgustingly hit on me or you"

"Kang Haerin! You owe me, bro, come on. Remember, you almost got me arrested for speeding and hitting that light post" Eunchae knew she won, the displeased look on Haerin says it all. "First, new jeans album is important. Second, it almost sold out before we got there, It was luck" Haerin was always so silent and smart, bickering times like this were precious to Eunchae. 'She's getting better'.

"So....party?" Eunchae sporting a winning smile asked "You're lucky I love you, Idiot" Haerin smiled as well.

Finally, she found her, helplessly trying to flirt and talk to her long-time crush and their friend Lee Hyein. An idea of revenge then popped up in her head like an electric bulb, "I've been thinking maybe you'd wanna go-" A loud smack was heard, a groaning Eunchae desperately clinging to her hurt arm, a shocked Lee Hyein trying to suppress her giggles, and a fulfilled revenge.

"What the hell bro!" Hyein aided Eunchae by gently caressing her probably bruised arm, while Haerin just gave her a goofy smile "That was quite a greeting, Unnie" "It was, wasn't it? It's good to see you Hyein" With a comfortable hug, the two friends pretended not to see or hear Eunchae's whines "Thanks a lot to the two of you!" Giggled at their actions, Hyein returned her attention to Eunchae "That's what you get for dragging me here and ditching me to go fend for myself" Hyein was not happy with Haerin's last word, she turned to Eunchae and landed another smack on her already hurting arm "Kim Eunchae! What kind of friend are you" Hyein said with much disappointment "I'm sorry! I was looking for yo-drinks!" The stutter at the end was evident but unnoticed by Hyein, now the two were back on each other's side, Haerin felt like a third wheel again, like every other time the three of them hung out.

"Anyone special in your life, unnie?" Hyein asked sarcastically, It was known to both Eunchae and Hyein that their friend was not fond of going on dates, even the thought of it never crossed their friend's mind. They knew why, but never pressed on the matter. " Funny, I have myself, I'm the only one I need to love" Haerin stated in a monotonous manner, even though It was a joke, Hyein and Eunchae knew the deeper meaning. "You don't need a third wheel here, go enjoy. I'm gonna look for a decent beer" Hyein was a bit hesitant but Eunchae was excited as a bunny "I love you man, but thanks" Eunchae got closer to Haerin's ear and whispered, thankful for the chance of spending time alone with Hyein.

As the two girls left, Haerin was then again alone. "One drink, I'm out". Arriving at the supposed 'alcohol bar' with messy cups lying around, sloppy teenagers making out, and all the stash gone in a whiff, Haerin couldn't get one proper beer in this place. "A party lacking alcohol, that's just sad" Haerin mumbled to herself, she get set her elbows on the countertop and let her mind wander around. As she got deeper into zoning out, she heard a sweet melodious voice, a familiar one too "Wanna ditch? I know where the cold beers are" A beautiful girl with hair as black as night and eyes like stars, Haerin was shocked, it was none other than Pham Hanni. "Hanni?" "How have you been!" This 'Hanni' person suddenly hugged her, as if they were close friends. "Not too bad," Haerin said in her daily monotonous manner 'Her cool persona never changed' Hanni thought.