CH.7 CHRISTMAS DOWNFALL

Christmas
Narrator's Point Of View

It was the two day before Christmas, the lights of different colors flashing at every corner of the neighborhood, the lights were so bright it could induce seizures just by glancing at them. The cold winter's night left Haerin almost freezing to death as she strolled inside the furniture store. This was the day she would ask her girlfriend to live with her.

"Why is furniture shopping so hard." She told her brother who was on call with her, trying to help the poor girl pick a sofa.
"Listening to you complain about it is worse."
"I should've brought mom with me, Catch you later bro."

The cat-like girl groaned and continued to roam around the store, nothing peaked her interest, no design of any kind seem to satisfy what she was looking for. So she called the only person she knew could help her.

Apartment

"Thanks mom, I almost went crazy." She hugged her mother from behind. Haerin had called her when she was at the store, asking for advices, but instead, the woman raced to her daughter's location to personally overlook all the things she needed to buy for her apartment.

"I'm sure Dani would love this place, it's cozy and vibrant." The woman looked sad and proud at the same time. The youngest of her children was finally becoming an adult.
"I'll always visit you mom, we'll visit you together. We can even sleep over at the house every now and then." The woman lovingly smiled at her daughter, caressing her face gently.
"Such a sweet child."

Danielle Marsh
Narrator's Point Of View

The brunette was constantly tired and bothered, it's been months since his father came from Australia. She missed the man to death, he was a loving person, but she was also furious with the man's attitude. Ever since Danielle and Haerin became official, her father had constantly been under her skin, whether he's a thousand miles away or beside her, he never fails to make their relationship a living hell.

"He's constantly setting me up with his business associates, if Haerin finds out about this she's gonna freak out, Min." Danielle and Minji had been in the bar for an hour, drinking and having fun. Minji was ecstatic, spending time alone with Danielle, the girl had called her since Haerin was out, Danielle needed to get out of the house, far away from her father.

"Haerin would understand, although the girl has a big ego, She'd challenged your dad for your hand, even if she ends up dead." Minji said as she took another sip of her drink, as she kept drinking her actions towards Danielle shifts, from nice friendly, to overprotective 'girlfriend'." Danielle on the other hand, kept drinking, she wasn't much of a drinker so with every shot, her mind went blank.

Danielle made her way to the dance floor, swaying to the music. Minji stared at her in adoration and want, the way her body gracefully moved and her gaze on Minji was intense that the raven-haired girl had to take of his leather jacket due to the heat."Mo Jihye, the woman that you are." Minji whispered to herself.
"You should join me!" Danielle shouted at her, trying to urge the older girl to dance with her. So Minji folded, I mean who wouldn't.

Minji downed her drink and walks over to Danielle, her hands immediately finds their way to Danielle's slim waist. They soon found their rhythm, Minji's hot breath on Danielle's neck, while the aussie kept her backside close to Minji's front. They kept that rhythm for a while, until Minji turned Danielle to face her, they could feel each other's alcohol induced breath, Danielle's heart was beating irregularly, reminding her she has a girlfriend to come home to, but her mind took over, telling her to lean in, and savor Minji's warmth. The girl she'd admired for so long in her arms while Haerin was out furniture shopping, Minji was in a moral dilemma.