CH.6 SHE WAS EVERYTHING

Office
Narrator's Point Of View

It was a saturday night, most people would be out and about, drinking, clubbing, or just sleeping in the comfort of their home. Kang Haerin on the other hand had locked herself in her office, refusing to leave the premises. She's drowning in paperwork, focused on her books, and her own demons. It had been a week since their fun weekend together, a week had past since she saw Hanni. The night they went home, she waited for Eunchae to fall asleep, packed a bag, and went to her brother's apartment.

"Haerin? It's 12am what are you doing here?" Soobin had woken up from several knocks on his apartment door.
"I'm crashing here for a few days, if that's okay?" Haerin slumped her body on the couch, tired of everything. Soobin saw the distress his sister was feeling and went to the kitchen to make them Hot chocolate.
"Did you and Eunchae fight?" He said as he settled their drink on the table.
"No, I just need some time away from everyone." He knew something was up, growing up they only had each other to confide in, mostly Soobin talking and Haerin listening to him.
"I tell you my problems and you tell me yours, those are our rules Haerinie." He turns to her sister and holds both her hands.
"I think I like Hanni, but I..." She stops, deep in thought. Soobin waited patiently for his sister's next words.
"But I think I might still love Jihye or maybe I'm crazy, I don't know. I saw Minji when I was dress shopping with Hanni and the moment I saw her these feeling came flooding back in or maybe it was always there but I tried my best to ignore them." Haerin was rambling, something Soobin only sees when she was really stressed.
"Calm your shit down sis, I never really believed you when you said you were over Mo Danielle. Frankly, you have pictures of her at home." He gives her a disappointed look.
"You couldn't bring yourself to throw them away so you locked your room and moved out." He continued and with every word that came out of his mouth Haerin got deeper in thought.
"She was... everything." That was the only Haerin could say. It was true, she was everything to the younger kang. Their breakup affected Haerin so much, it was as if a part of her was taken, and what's left was already falling apart.

He remembered the pain his sister was in, it took her years to pull herself together, she barely did, and one bump could send Haerin back to zero. He didn't know what to say and it's not like he had the power to make things better, so he hugged her, she sobbed, the pain she tried so hard to let go of, it was still there eating her from the inside. He hugged her all night, it didn't matter if he was tired, all that mattered to Soobin was Haerin, to make her sister feel safe in his arms. He couldn't make it all better, he couldn't take the pain away. Sometimes all that matters is a hug, words couldn't heal her wounds, but a hug numbed them somehow. So that's what he did.

The phone rang, it caused Haerin to shift her gaze from her books to her phone. It was Eunchae again, calling for the 50th time, she wasn't kidding, 50 missed calls everyday. She sighed, guilt flooded her mind, her decision to leave without any trace or message, it was the right move at the time, so she opened her phone and messaged Hyein.

Hye-larious
Tuesday, 10:00am

Kang Haerin! We've been worried sick!
R

ead

Tuesday, 12:30pm

Eunchae is about to call the cops man

Read

Wednesday, 6:35pm

I went to the hospital, Chaewonie told me you were there but you didn't want any visitors.