CH.3 BURIED HEART

Narrator's Point Of View

Flashback

"I love you, Mo Jihye"

"I love you too, My kitty" The two shared a kiss, full of love, happiness, and meaning. Haerin was calm, as long as Jihye was there with her, Haerin's worries were lessened when Jihye was there with her, and as long as Jihye was there beside her, she could take all the pain and suffering for the latter.

She gently placed her head on Jihye's chest, feeling and hearing her heartbeat 'Is it beating fast like mine does when you're near?' Haerin thought, the comfort Jihye brought her, was incomparable. "If you wanted to cuddle, you could've told me" Jihye looked at her fondly and giggled at Haerin's cuteness "Yes please," Haerin said with her cute smile and dragged her lover to the bed.

They lay there, deep into the pool of love they created, bodies intertwined. Jihye looks deep into Haerin's captivating eyes, she wonders 'How can someone's eyes, hold so much meaning'. Just like that, without the need to talk, they loved each other, contentment, and joy.

Suddenly Haerin's room door opened, and a loud bang echoed in the room "Kang Haeri-....ops" It was Kim Minji, Haerin's Childhood Best friend "Damn it Min! Can't you knock?" Haerin rolls her eyes "I'm sorry, I didn't know Jihye was here!" "It's Danielle for you, Only Haerin-ah can call me that," Danielle told Minji with a playful yet stern look "Chill mate, I'm not here to cause trouble, I forgot my English and math textbook lying around in these here parts" Minji invites herself to look around in the room, trying to 'find' these textbooks she mentioned. "I'll help, only because I want you to leave," Her best friend tells her and starts looking for the books as well "Ouch, I thought I was your first love Haerin" Minji teased her best friend, clutching her chest like she was in pain "Oh shut it Minji, I'm her only love" They hear Danielle comment from the bed, Minji groans "I found it!" Haerin hurriedly collects her best friend's books, hands them to her, and gently pushes her to the door "I'm leaving, jeez, you have time to make out anyway!" "Kim Minji!" Minji laughs at Haerin and closes her bedroom door.

On the other side, Minji stood there, staring at the now closed room, On the outside she was so bubbly and so happy around Haerin and Danielle, but on the inside, she was jealous, hurt, and mad. 'It should've been me, not you, I can love you better than her Jihye-ah." She walks away, going down the stairs with a heavy heart with feelings buried inside it. She loves Haerin like a sister and she never wants to hurt the latter, but she can longer hide this feeling of jealousy.

Minji walked out of the house, she never really wanted to look for her textbooks, she knew they were together, she just wanted to see her, even if it hurt. 'what the hell, Kim! Stop it she's your best friend's girlfriend' She shook her head, displeased about her situation. She may love Danielle but her love for Haerin is greater. She hopes it's greater. She went home and slept with her worries filling her head.

The next day, Haerin picks her up together with Danielle. Today however was more eventful, their student body president, Phan Hanni, announced the starting preparations of their winter prom, but Minji showed no interest "It's not like I can ask her out anyway" She mumbled to herself, tiredly slouching on her seat "Ask who?" She was startled and a little panicked, the voice behind her was Haerin "Wha-who-?!" She couldn't even complete a whole sentence "Who's this mystery you can't ask out to prom?" Haerin sitting on the seat beside Minji and waiting eagerly for her best friend's reply. "Uh-uhm...mm.." "I can't believe you're that in love with someone and you hide it from me! Come on, man, I'm your best friend" Haerin shakes her best friend, trying to squeeze out answers "Th-the... student body president?" Minji blurts out, not sure of her answer "Is that a question or an answer?" "An answer?" Haerin looks at her with tired eyes, giving her an exasperated look "Fine, it's an answer." "So, you're in love with the student body president?" Haerin repeats a little too loud "Me?" They turn to the classroom door, they see a cute short girl pointing at herself "Oh damn.." Haerin says, earning a smack on her arm from Minji "Hanni!" Another voice was heard, now from behind the short girl, It was Danielle "Hey girl!" They shared a hug, and the whole girl from earlier stared at them confused at the interaction between their supposed love interest. "You two know each other" Haerin and Minji ask at the same time "I met her last weekend, we had a project together in music class and glee club, she's Australian too!" Danielle exclaims, earning a fond look from Haerin and a giggle from her new best friend "Jihye-ah, come here, something exciting is about to happen" Haerin winks at her best friend and pushes her to the short girl and gives her a fist bump for support "Hanni" she stops looking at the person in front of her, Minji imagines it was Danielle in front of her "will you go out.....with me?" She closes her eyes, scared to look at the gaze Hanni is giving. A good minute of silence had passed, no answer from Hanni, Minji's eyes still closed shut, and the couple behind them waiting for a love story to unfold. "Yes".