CH.13 WHAT AWAITS YOU

Narrator's Point Of View

The time has come to return to the place you once called home. Pack up your bags, straighten your coat, and ready your hearts. You'll never know what awaits you.

TOMORROW AIRLINES
Narrator's Point Of View

It was Midnight, the soft sound of buzzing echoed throughout the cabin, the captain announced the impending landing of the plane.

"Nervous?" Eugene turned to Haerin who was looking at the airplane window, Home was within her grasp.
"Terrified." Haerin closed her eyes.

ADOR City, Kang Manor
Narrator's Point Of View

Eugene was in awe, the large black gates opened, the staff in charge bowed to as they saw Haerin's figure in the slightly tinted car window. The prestigious white detailed paint, the fountain in the middle of the entrance of the main house, and the beautiful front garden that compliments the modernism with just a hint of vintage of the house exterior.

"I knew you were rich, but damn I didn't know you were a Bruce Wayne type of rich." Eugene stepped out of Haerin's Black Range Rover, the staff offering help with both of their luggages.
"Ms. Haerin, You've finally returned, Mr. Kang is waiting for you at his study, as to you Mother and Mr. Soobin, they're at an Interior Design Expo in madrid, to return tomorrow afternoon." Ms. Park, the Kang's head maid, and the one who practically saw Haerin grow up, she was like a second grandmother to the young Kang.
"Ms. Park! I've missed you and your infamous cooking, I'd love for my friend here to taste your 5 star cooking." Haerin hugged the radiant old lady with love and excitement.
"I'd be happy to! I'll see to it that your luggages are brought up to your respective rooms."

As they head inside the mansion, Eugene was still amazed by how aesthetically pleasing everything looked, the mix of her father's dark and minimalist taste contrasted perfectly with her mother's bright and lively taste in the design of the house.

"I've got to get one of your designers to do my apartment. Honestly bro, this looks so good."
"My parents actually designed this, Mom graduated as an interior designer whilst dad embraced his dark minimalist taste."
"I'll show you to your room, get settled in while I talk to father." They both head to the west wing of the mansion where the guest rooms resided.

"Have a seat darling, we have much to discuss." After showing Eugene her room, Haerin went to her father's study where the man stood at the window beside his telescope, watching the beautiful stars twinkle.
"I'll start! So with the success of June Hotel's rebranding you're invited to their relaunch on Friday, further more, I've talked to your Mother, as she is the chairperson and I, as the founder, we've signed your name to receive half of the ownership of Kang Interior Co. And the other half to your brothers. Seeing as you were more than capable to handle the project I've given while you were doing rounds at the hospital, I'm very proud." The man stood behind his daughter and pats both of her shoulder.
"About that dad, I still need to meet with Ms. Marsh to talk about a conflict of interest."
"Whatever you need to do, then do, I'll have a call with the board to discuss your current standing in the company's future. Have a good night's rest darling."

Haerin left her father's study with heavy steps, pressure, fatigue, and worry filled her head. Her father was too much of an expectant. It was her first night back to town, just like that it was as If she never left, her father didn't even give her a minute to breath in the coffee induced city air. 

ADOR City, Eunchae's Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

A girl was sprawled in bed, her glasses crooked on her face, hair in a mess, and her mind elsewhere. Hanni was squeezing her brain out for ideas, her mentor reprimanded her for procrastinating, delaying the production of her screenplay project. The gate of her ideas was shut, she had writer's block, she was clueless on what plot and what emotions to include in it.