CH.11 ENDURE

London, HYBE Private Hospital
Narrator's Point Of View

Confident strides, well- ironed polo and coat, and glasses. Haerin missed the complexity of work life, the excitement of diagnosing, like it was a mystery that needs to be solved. Whilst her peers, were more on the 'what did I do with my life' side of things, Veronica, Elle, and Cherry were well aware of the stress their chosen profession brought but maybe not to this extent. Eugene, as the oldest of the five and was already in her first year of residency was laughing her ass off as she witnessed how stressed her friends looked, specifically Veronica.

"Y'all are pathetic, Get it together gang, didn't we promise we'll be the power rangers of this field." Eugene was boosting her friend's morale.
"I can't even feel my legs anymore." Cherry was on the lounge sofa, exhausted, and hugging a throw pillow.
"In my dad's private hospital it's worse. He'd drill you to the ground If you make one mistake." Haerin was sipping her Iced Americano.
"Ladies, better do your rounds, your patients and residents are waiting." Their Head Nurse reminded them, they stood up, straightening themselves and ready to battle their dragons.

London, Kang's Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

The oldest Kang sighs, he just finished another meeting with the chairperson and Vice-chair person, who happens to be his mother and his cousin. The company's current standing was below satisfactory, though he tried his best to manage concerns and problems from afar his efficiency was deteriorating, It left the man with the decision to return to ADOR.

"You can't keep this up Soobin, clearly you're incapable of handling the company. If I had another choice I'd have Haerin have a whirl on the Company. The other members of the board are doubting your abilities." As soon as the meeting ended his father Skyped with him, reprimanding him of the job not so well-done.
"Dad, I'm just having a hard time adjusting, I can't overlook minor problems from the other side of the world. Production quality is shitty because somehow my workers think that I'm taking this all lightly." He argued.
"Such a disgrace, you're the oldest and should bear the burden of the throne of Kang Interior Co. If I'd known better I would've pushed you to become the doctor not your sister." Soobin has had enough and abruptly ended the call with his father. His sacrifices and efforts were never acknowledged by him, it left him frustrated and angry. In an angered state, he threw his laptop to the wall breaking it and leaving a hole on the wall.

ADOR City
Narrator's Point Of View

On the other side of the world, a short bespectacled film student was having a mental breakdown, Yunjin was sick and out for the day which resulted in her doing all their work. Creating a budget for their short film, revisions to their scripts, renting of cameras, and overlooking the auditions for their short film.

"Huh Yunjin why! Why now at a time like this!" Hanni groaned, tossing her specs on the table and slumping on her chair. The fourth year was supposed to be the most creative and enjoyable year in their college life, yet here she is.
"I'm not Huh Yunjin but I can help you with some of your errands." Minji was leaning on her friend's door frame, arms crossed.
"Aren't you busy with some engineering stuff." Hanni rests her head on her hand and looks at her friend.
"Marsh Hotel and Lodges don't have upcoming projects that need my assistance yet. So I'm free for a while."
"I appreciate this Min, so much!" Hanni tackles Minji into a tight hug, thankful for the helping hand her friend offered. Minji was looking down at her, arms wrapped around the latter's body, Hanni wasn't supposed to look up but on instinct she did, her face was awfully close to Minji's. Her breath hitched and their hearts beating irregularly. Mending their friendship was the one of the most rewarding thing they've done this year. Minji moved closer to the girl, clearly not thinking about anything else, she could still remember those times she kissed Hanni, her lips were soft and sweet, she wondered if they tasted the same as before. The door of the front door closed, Hanni pushed Minji with all her might which caused the taller girl to stumble back and hit her door.