CH. 5 YOHOO BEACH HOUSE FUN

Narrator's Point Of View

It was a beautiful night at the beach house, Eunchae and Yunjin were cooking some concoction, Hyein and Hanni, who were friends in the past reconnected, and Haerin in the beach house room.....studying.

"Traitor!!" Haerin was surprised by an overly dramatic Pham Hanni, clutching her chest as if something heartbreaking had happened, when clearly she was just studying.
"So much for a fun beach break" Hanni sighs and plops down her friend's bed.
"I know I'm sorry, I'm just gonna finish this case and 'yohoo more beach fun'." Haerin turns to her friend, chin resting on her chair.
"God Haerin, you need a drink or two, loosen up a bit. Have fun and party." Hanni opened her phone and put on some music, Le sserafim- No Celestial, and drags Haerin to dance with her.
"I'm no fucking angel, I'm no fucking goddess!" They sang simultaneously and laughed, It was the perfect moment, both entrapped in their own world, dancing, singing, and having fun. Haerin stops, panting and tired, but her gaze never left Hanni's captivating smile and beautiful eyes.

They stared at each other, catching their breathes from all the fun they had, Newjeans- Hurt, suddenly played and echoed throughout the room. On instinct, Hanni puts her arms around Haerin's shoulder and Haerin rests hers on Hanni's waist, inching closer and closer.

"Haerin" Hanni is in deep into the girl's gaze, her whisper lingers in Haerin's mind. They weren't sure when or how they got this close until Haerin could feel Hanni's nose on hers, she froze at the realization of the close proximity of the vietnamese girl, the slight tilt on of her head, knowing exactly where this was going to go, so she starts to close the awfully close gap they already had.
"Haerin, Yunjin Unnie is about to burn the kitch- oh shit!" Eunchae was at the door, mouth agape, eyes wide from shock, whilst Hanni and Haerin pushed each other away, returning to their personal space.
"I'll handle it, finish that case and have 'yohoo more beach fun'." Hanni clears her throat and proceeds to tame her best friend. She was probably slinging burnt chicken, turkey, beef, patty or what not. Most likely on fire. As soon as Hanni left, Eunchae jumped on Haerin, assaulting her arm with slaps of excitement.
"Oh my oh my god! I saw that look you two had, you were about to have your dreamy kisssss" Eunchae teased her best friend by pouting Infront of her.
"You must be blind, you saw nothing. Now leave big pup! I have a case to finish. Also, please do not go down to my dad's wine cellar he's gonna kill me! Make do with the alcohol we already bought."
"said the Grinch to Christmas!." Eunchae shuts her best friends door, still amazed by the scene she saw.

Kitchen
Hanni's Point Of View

I arrived at a chaotic kitchen, my instincts were right, Yunjin was slinging burger patties of some concoction, it was burnt.... probably caught fire.

"Hey Pham! Look Eunchae helped me make a...uhm..TurBeef-a-Chik." Yunjin looked proud, showing me her new invention, I sure as hell won't eat that.
"I'm glad you're happy Jen, but it's a fire hazard" I said as I opened the fridge to get a beer.
"It's not burnt okay! Just maybe slightly charred, it adds to its flavor."
"Yeah I don't think so." I sat on the bar stool, resting my head on the island facing my best friend, who stopped whatever she was doing and looked at me.
"What? Do I have a pimple?" I asked
"No, you have a 'I'm falling Inlove with my roommate's ex again' face." She said pointing at my face.
"Who's Inlove with what?" Hyein suddenly sat beside me, chin resting on both of her hand, and looking at me with intent.

I remembered what happen earlier, the way she stared at me, it was as if she's telling me she loved the way my hair flowed with the wind, and how I smile whenever she talked about literally anything.

"I assume you're pining for a specific cat-like roommate that I have? Or am I gonna pretend like nothing happened like 6 minutes ago." Eunchae entered the kitchen, hugging Hyein from behind and resting her head on the younger girl's shoulder.
"What happened 6 minutes ago?" Hyein and Yunjin asked Eunchae, I swear I saw that playful smirk on Eunchae's face.
"Haerin and Hanni Unnie were-"
"Okay Scooby gang! Let's go for a swim, yeah?" I cut off Eunchae, panicking as I saw Haerin enter the kitchen. She raised her brow, curious of what's going on.
"Can't, I'm waiting for Chaewonie" Haerin said. Sensing my probable jealousy, Hyein asks us to go get dressed and head to the beach.

Kim Chaewon
Haerin's Point of View

I was sitting on the kitchen alone, drinking beer, and waiting for Chaewon. The events from earlier clouding my mind, the fact that I was about to kiss her, how she single handedly tore the walls I built around me, and the fact that I was just defenseless around Pham Hanni. It scared me, the thought of falling Inlove again scared me, to Pham Hanni no less.

I sighed, downing the bottle I already have on my hand, and opening another one. Then my phone rang, Chaewon's name flashed.

"Hey? You almost here?" I asked her
"Haerin, I can't finish that case with you tonight. There's this emergency surgery I need to get to. Aren't you on a weekend getaway? Enjoy and have fun!" She said seemingly panting, she was probably rushing to prep.
"I'm afraid my dad didn't get the memo, asked my professor to assign me to look over this, to 'enhance my critical and problem solving skills'." I said bitterly, taking a swig on my beer.
"So glad he's not my dad" I hear her chuckle.
"I'll let you go and prep, I'll send you a file on email, please look it over, I can't even think straight."
"Please Haerin try to have fun, I'll help you with this only after I hear that you've properly enjoyed your weekend." she said in a hurry with a mocking kiss.

I sigh and stare blankly at phone, this weekend felt like just one of my days where I drown myself with studying and brooding.

"Please tell me that you'll actually have fun, I didn't go to your fancy banquet so you could study in this huge beach house while we have fun." I looked up and saw Hanni, her blue tank top and black swim shorts that hugged her waist and thighs. "The universe must be fucking with me." I thought.
"Haerin?" She sat Infront of me, her taking a sip of my beer that I had seemingly forgotten.
"Hey Ariel, long time no sea" I joked, which earned a judgemental look from her.
"Just when I thought you were getting cooler, you go and joke like that." She rolls her beautiful eyes at me jokingly. After a few bickering here and there, silence once again enveloped us, like an old friend. We were probably thinking about the same thing about what happened earlier, with the 'almost kiss' thing.
"I'll go get changed, I think I do need some 'yohoo more beach fun'." I said to her avoiding the inevitable conversation about earlier.
"We'll wait for you! Be ready to feel the wrath of a overly excited Lee Hyein and an Energetic Kim Eunchae."

Roommates
Narrator's Point Of View

It has been a long night, filled with happiness, the much needed rest, and the hearts that wants to beat as one, but can't. In an attempt to boost her best friend's morale and lovelife, Eunchae dragged Yunjin and Hyein in one room and locked the door.

"This is a private, three people only, pajama party." Eunchae shouted and slammed the door. Leaving a furious Pham Hanni and a unfazed Kang Haerin at the other side of that door.
"So..roomies?" Haerin said with a tired smile. Hanni saw the girl's tired eyes, probably from staring at her books too long, typing on her laptop for hours on end, and the neverending bottles of beer.
"Let's bag some ice cream, beer, and chips. Watch a horror movie and fall asleep." Haerin chuckles at Hanni, who dragged her from the hallway, to the kitchen, and then back to their room.

It was already 3am and neither of them felt sleepy, even Haerin who had studied for hours, took a dip at the pool, and a endless movie marathon with her roomie, the girl was restless. Hanni, on the other hand, had barely touched the chips that she opened, the ice cream was left in the mini fridge on near Haerin's side of the bed. The two twin sized beds they combined, it suddenly felt too small, crowded with thoughts and brushed off feelings.

The air was getting too thick for their liking, Hanni knew that it bothered Haerin, as much as she wanted to comfort and confront the girl, she couldn't find the courage. "Kiss her and see what happens." The little devil on her right shoulder whispered, "too forward, atleast talk to her and woo her with your words." The little angel then spoke on her left shoulder, Hanni kept looking at Haerin and then back at the uninteresting movie, back and forth....so on. Trying to form a sentence to say to Haerin, even a word would help her.

"I'm gonna sleep, Goodnight Phami." Haerin turned to her side and slept.

"Goodnight Kitty Kang."

The night felt heavy, Haerin fell asleep with easy but Hanni was restless, she wanted Haerin to face her, to talk to her, and smile at her. "Damn it universe, I don't ask for much." She sighs and opened her phone, trying to fall asleep, trying to forget Kang Haerin, even just for tonight.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: I had time to write and I've been listening to Hurt, It really set a heartwarming mood. Hanni and Haerin needed that push. Ya Welcome!.