CH. 9 LONELY HEARTS

ADOR City, Thursday
Narrator's Point Of View

Hanni's unwavering focus on her studies and duties as the newly appointed Student Chairwoman of the Performing Arts Event Department left her busy and preoccupied. Once the sunsets, her duties fulfilled and her studies at bay, she returns to her personal hell called home. Months had passed since her supposed love interest disappeared into thin air, hurt and confused Hanni turned to the only thing she knew that could ease her pain and send her to the land of clouds, alcohol.

"Baby no! You're gonna burn the chicken!" Danielle scolded Minji who was playfully bothering her as she cooks their dinner. As Hanni entered her home, she was met with a loving yet hurtful view, she clutches the paper bag in her hand tightly and sighs as she walks to her bedroom, the calls and invitations from her roommates are seemingly muffled.

As soon as the door closes, her facade shattered, she gently dropped down on the floor, head held down, eyes shut, and back rested on her bedroom door. She sighs, feelings she tried so hard to bury suddenly crept it's way back to the surface.

London, 11:00pm
Narrator's Point Of View

The once calm caterpillar has now emerged itself into a beautiful social butterfly, feigning interests to club hangouts has now been her Friday Night routine. The first few months were a dread for Haerin, the girl barely left her apartment, and whenever she did it was for school or business. To say that her adjustment was easy was an understatement, transferring midyear was improbable but due to her father's influence in the college school board, it was made possible.

"Rin! Over here!" She's been roaming around the unfamiliar club for a while, looking for her university friends. As she struts and smiles towards them, she felt the happiness she's been longing for, as if the clutches of her past were finally erased. Living her new and fresh life, it was exactly what she needed.
"I've been looking everywhere for you guys! Have you ordered drinks? Should I?" Haerin eagerly offers, to which her friends excitedly nod.
"I'll come with you! I have so much gossip to tell you!" Eugene, her best friend, offered and dragged her towards the bar.

ADOR City, Thursday
Minji's Point Of View

Two hours had already passed since dinner, never once I saw Hanni leave her room, we knocked on her door but there was no response.

"Is she okay?" I asked my girlfriend, who was nestled on my chest watching on her phone.
"She's been acting strange, Yunjin said that she was worried about something but never told me who, what, or why." She responded softly, worry was evident in her tone. Despite our situation, with the three of us living together, in a way I still harboured feelings for the younger girl and with that I naturally worry for her.
"I may have an idea with who." She shifts her body and looks up at me, eagerly waiting for an answer.
"I saw her with Haerin, once at the nearby park and at the mall." She looks troubled, probably confused on why her best friend and her ex were running around town.
"I never knew they were dating? Or are they? Never once I saw them talk when we were all friends."
"Jealous?" I asked jokingly, knowing the answer already. We never intended for any of this to happen, I had feelings that I poorly acted upon. Haerin was madly, deeply in love with Danielle, so was I, and we know for a fact that Danielle was In love with Haerin. Silence engulfed us, she was deep in thought. 'was she actually jealous? Should I be jealous?' I thought.
"I forgot to tell you that I saw Haerin, a while back."
"On a .......date?" As afraid as I was, I asked.
"Silly no! I was at a coffee shop and she happens to be there. Cold and Distant."
"Do you miss her?" I asked.
"I do, before we even dated she was my best friend too."
"I miss her too."

The night ended with our heads filled with past memories, silence engulfed us again, this time permanently until we both fell into Dreamland. The topic of our fallen friendship with Haerin was too sensitive to press on, up until now we've never talked about it. Pretty soon, we're gonna have to face this head on.