CH.15 JEALOUS

ADOR City, Kang Manor
Narrator's Point Of View

The young doctor had just come back from her excruciating hours at work, she was exhausted and stressed, her patients were rude and hurt, and she tried her hardest to comfort and help them. The moment she stepped into her living room, the figure of her brother came into view, sitting on the little nook they had their mother design back when they were still little bunnies that loved the adventures absingle book can give them.

Weeks had passed and adjustments were finally made to accommodate Eugene's prolonged stay in Ador. She took careful steps, not wanting to interrupt her brother. It had been years, and the blame placed upon her unwilling shoulders put a huge scar on their relationship as siblings. Although the young Kang wanted nothing more than to fix it, she felt as if Soobin was still feeling bittersweet of his father's decision to give Haerin the special project that was supposed to be his.

"I've never properly congratulated you for getting the project." Soobin's voice was filled with normality, affection, and pride. He closes the book he was previously reading and settled it down beside him. Haerin wondered what her brother's next words are, his next actions, and his intentions. Was this going to be another petty fight?

"You've hardly spoken to me since the night you left London, congratulations aren't exactly in order when the one congratulating you is pretending to be happy." She was defensive, she wasn't going to let him talk to her like that again. His last night in London was something Haerin ought to forget. Soobin sighs, his gaze on his sister softens, just like before, and he inched closer to where she stands. 

"I was thinking of stupid excuses to justify my actions. My ego was hurt, my sacrifices were overlooked, and I felt as if my existence in this family wasn't as important as yours. You're dads'   pride and joy, while I'm just his other kid. You were always pushed to be the best, to be just like him, because he sees so much of him in you. He didn't see that in me. I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you and the hurtful words I said, I want my sister back. Truth be told, It's harder to tolerate and live in this cruel world without my sidekick." Haerin sensed and felt it, her brother's sincerity. She hugged him, savoring the love of having an older brother, she kept her eyes shut afraid that her tears would fall.

"I never wanted the project, that was your territory and I had no right to barge in unannounced. I forgave you a long time ago, don't sweat it."

Things were finally falling back to their original places, slowly but surely, scarred relationships are continuing to mend, and people are finally forgiven. Monsters from the past are continuously being slayed.

ADOR City, Eunchae's Apartment
Hanni's Point Of View

Events from a week ago replied in my mind, there was no denying that the woman I saw with Danielle was Kang Haerin. My Haerin. I felt my heart ache once more, stupid jealousy wasn't in my cards, who am I to feel that way, Haerin and I are friends, that's what we're always going to be.

"Hanni-Unnie, if you're not busy later let's go out for dinner! Hyein had this big ass payday! Her treat!" I heard Eunchae shout from behind my door.

"What am I going to do, do I move on?" Frustrated, I aggressively scratch my head.

ADOR City, Kang Manor
Narrator's Point Of View

In the bedroom's dim lights, Haerin's shoes that continued each step with urgency was getting into her friend's nerves.  Eugene was in Haerin's bed, analyzing each suit the young doctor tries on. The Marsh's private after party, after the relaunch of June Hotels was a success. 

"That's the fifth suit you've tried on, the evident internal panic was funny at first now it's just plain pitiful." Eugene sighed at the sight of an indecisive panicked cat. Every suit the doctor tried on was exquisite.