CH.16 ROOM OF MEMORIES

ADOR City, Hospital
Narrator's Point Of View

The night was seemingly colder than usual, the buzzing of the air condition was the only thing the doctor could hear in her office. She was busy with her paper works that she hadn't notice the figure standing on her office door.

"You've always been the workaholic. Try taking a break, smartass." Haerin froze at the familiar voice that echoed in her ears, she steadily looks up and saw Eunchae's figure leaning on her door frame, holding a box of donuts and coffee.

"Chae!" The doctor abruptly stood up and ran towards her Best friend. They exchanged pleasantries as they entered further into Haerin's office.

"We were starting to think that you died." This comment made Haerin chuckle, but Eunchae was looking at her dead in the eye, figuring that maybe it wasn't much of a joke, the doctor straighten out her coat and faced Eunchae.

"I was going to drop by at our apartment but a lot of things had happened. I got pretty busy with the company and my residency." Haerin said, leaving out the fact that the night she saw Hanni and Minji kiss at the park. Not wanting to relive that particular nightmare.

"If Hyein hadn't slip we wouldn't have known, everyone got worried especially Hanni unnie" Eunchae was getting the hint that there was something wrong with her bestfriend. Whilst, Haerin froze when she heard Hanni's name, she was thinking whether to tell Eunchae about why she really didn't wanna talk to them.

"I'm not avoiding anyone, Hong Eunchae, I got really busy-" Their conversation got cut off by another visitor. One that Eunchae was not happy about.

"Haerin-ah?"...........

ADOR City, Danielle's Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

The apartment that was once filled with joy and laughter, is now replaced by sobs and despair. Danielle hadn't left her apartment since the night they broke up, alone with no one to hold on to. She kept trying to call Minji, asking her to comeback to talk and mend the relationship they had created, but to her dismay the latter had seemingly blocked her number.

"please call me, baby let's talk about this." Danielle's voice was breaking, It was filled with so much pain and sorrow, she wanted to beg Minji to come back to her.

The feeling was all too familiar to her, the pain when she and Haerin broke up. "Haerin" the girl thought.

After a while of severe contemplation and uncontrollable pacing, the Australian had decided to drop by at the hospital where the latter works. She wanted to make sense of everything, she wanted to prove to Minji that she was finally over the cat-like woman. Or maybe prove that to herself, does she deserve to be in pain or was Minji's plain jealousy drove their relationship off the edge. Making up her mind, she finally got out of her apartment and drove to the hospital.

.

.

"Haerin-ah" she called out, voice filled with want for company. She peeped inside the office, meeting eye to eye with none other than, Hong Eunchae.

"Oh hell no, don't tell me you guys are-" Haerin didn't let Eunchae finish her sentence, afraid that her last words would put another strain in her and Danielle's mended relationship.

"Shut up, dumbass." The doctor stood up, straighten out herself, and assisted her new visitor inside her office. Danielle took careful steps, feeling the sudden tension in the air as Eunchae's gaze tore through her whole being.

"I'm sorry If I'd known you had company-" Danielle then stops in her tracks, seeing Eunchae harshly stood up from where she sits and turns to Haerin.

"Call or text, dude, you can't brush us off like that. We're your best friends." That was all Eunchae said, she gave Haerin a knowing look, and then left.