CH.10 WILL SHE COME BACK?

ADOR City, Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

The morning sun rays graced Hanni's sleeping figure, the cloud of cinnamon scented toast lingers in her bedroom, and the sound of typical morning banter of the couple in the kitchen. Hanni's stomach started to churn but she didn't want to leave her bed, torn between the lack of proper sleep and the hunger for cinnamon toasts, maple syrup, and cut up berries.

"Fuck it! I'm too damn hungry." She groggily made her way to the kitchen, sat on the stool, and rested her head on the kitchen island. The couple cooking halted their actions, looking at their small friend.
"Here we thought you were dead" Danielle pops a strawberry in her mouth, while Minji prepares Hanni a plate and Hot cocoa.
"Food" was the only thing Hanni said, head still resting on the island countertop. Minji chuckles and sets the plates she prepared for Hanni, waiting for the water to boil for her hot cocoa.
"Thanks MinMin." The endearment shocked Hanni, Minji, and Danielle. Danielle felt like a pen was stabbed in her heart, Minji was a bit flustered, whilst Hanni was shocked and apologized immediately.
"It's fine, the force of habit, right?" Minji brushed it off and kissed Danielle's temple.

London, Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

The bright city lights illuminate her dark bedroom, the mellow music playing in the background, and a girl sitting on her bean bag, trying to type her way through the night.

"You're a study freak, you know that?" Veronica, wearing Haerin's oversized shirt, said leaning on the bathroom door frame.
"And you girls promised to help me. Instead, Eugene is knocked out on my bed, Elle and Cherry are probably making out in my kitchen, and here you are robbing me of my shirts."
"We've been studying for 5 hours, how long did you think we'll keep going." Veronica struts her way to Haerin, takes away the girl's laptop, and sits on the girl's lap.
"3rd year's almost done roni, one more year is all I need. Soon I'm gonna be back-" Haerin pursed her lips, she couldn't finish the sentence, the life she'd built here was enough for her, enough for her to stay. Going back would mean that she'd have to face what she left, was she ready?
"We'll enjoy our last year together, all of us. You won't know, maybe we'll come back with you."

ADOR City
Narrator's Point Of View

The bustling city of ADOR, various coffee shops filled with students and workers, and big buildings that housed one of the most prominent businesses in the city, Marsh Hotel and Lodges Co., enjoyed by every single person in the town, especially in the winter where they have a hot spring special. With the heir apparently gone with the wind, Danielle is pressured to step up and hold down the fort her sister left.

"Yes Father! I'm on my way to the office." Danielle was in her girlfriend's car with Minji driving her to work.
"You're gonna be okay? You have an online class later, don't forget that." Minji reminded her girlfriend, like a personal assistant that keeps her on track.
"Yes baby I won't forget to attend, I just have to finish this emergency meeting with the Research department." Worry, fatigue, and stress was evident on Danielle's face. The usual jolliness of her girlfriend was gone.
"You'll get through this, we'll get through this, I love you." Minji stops her car and kisses her girlfriend softly, to which Danielle responds more aggressively that surprised Minji.
"Babe, you have to go to work." Minji whispered
"I know but I'll see you tonight." Danielle winks at her girlfriend and leaves.
"You both forgot I'm here....at the back...." Hanni sighs tiredly, she was on her iPad typing sometimes for her private scriptwriting class with her mentor, although she was on her headset, she could still see her friends ogling each other.
"Sorry, do you want to drop by that fast food chain you like? My treat." Hanni and Minji's relationship was better than before, the awkwardness that once engulfed them has now dissipated, replaced with a mutual understanding that they still cared about each other, if not for them then for Danielle.
"I'd love that." Hanni smiles at Minji through the rearview mirror.