EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE: DOHN RYLEN VALIARDO

"What are you doing?!" I heard my Lolo. "Kunin mo 'yang kahoy at patayin mo 'yang ibon, Rylen!"

Both of my hands were shaking, even my lips. I couldn't move my body, I looked at the bird..it's just an animal but I took care of him, I fed him, he's my favorite dove, my bestfriend.

"Lolo..I can't," I wanted to cry but I know I can't do that, we're not allowed to cry, not in front of Fredo Valiardo.

He groaned and pick up the long wooden stick and used it to hit the bird. He didn't stop so I had no choice but to look away and closed my eyes. It's Len, my dove. He's dying and I couldn't do anything to help him.

"Lo..please, stop it, please," I bit my lower lip.

He didn't listen to me, when I grabbed his arm to stop him he suddenly pushed me away and continue hiting the bird. I wanted to cry! naging pula ang puti kong kalapati.

"There you go," he finally stopped. "Are you fucking serious? you're crying over a fucking bird?! wipe your tears, I don't want to see you crying!"

I looked down, hindi ko na nakikitang gumagalaw ang kalapati ko. He's already dead. I deeply closed my eyes before I looked up.

"You're crying because I killed him?! It was your fault, kung mas inaabala mo sana ang sarili mo sa pag-aaral kaysa sa mga ibon hindi 'yan mangyayari. Blame yourself for what happened. You're so irresponsible, Rylen!"

I was so mad, I clenched my fist and hid my both hands. I couldn't look at my Lolo because I know I wont be able to stop myself once I got mad. I took a deep breath, trying to hold my anger.

"Don't you get it, Rylen? you're my first grandson and I want you to be responsible," he went to me and held my arm.

"No," sagot ko. "I don't want to be responsible, I don't want to be like you. Masama ka, bad ka, I hate you. I don't want to be with you, I want my Mom! I want her not you, you're a monster—"

I stopped and held my stomach when he punched me so hard. I thought It was just a one punch until he put his hand on my shoulder to hit me again, I lost my balance and fell down. My eyes widened when he grabber the stick and hit me..I was begging for him to stop, I begged but he didn't listen.

Namanhid ang buong katawan ko sa mga palo at pasa. I'm just 11..this is not what I want.

"Son, what happened to your arms?" my Mom asked and gently touch my bruises.

My Lolo beated me up last two days ago because I forgot to wash my hands before we eat. My Mom doesn't know about this, I don't want her to worry.

"Nadapa po," I had to lie. "Why are you here, Mom? do you miss me already?" I tried to change the topic and I hugged her.

She kissed the top of my head and nodded. "Yes, Mom missed you so much, hindi nga ako makatulog kapag nasa Farm ka. Mommy is worrying about you."

I know. I could see it. My mom loves me so much, ayaw niya nga na may makikitang kahit isang pasa sa katawan ko, she takes good care of me. No wonder why I'm a Mommy's boy.

"Don't worry about me, Mom. Rylen's fine, I'm okay," I smiled.

My Mom pouted and kissed my cheek. She hugged me again..I missed her so much. I know she wants what's good for me because she's a good mother.

Kapag bakasyon ay nandidito ako. I don't really want to be here but my Lolo will get mad if I said no, everyone is scared of him. And my cousin East is living with our Lola. We love our Lola, she's soft and understanding..we prefer her.