Recovery

Sam

The waiting room was quiet, everyone exhausted from the rave and failed attempt at stopping a murder. Dean sat next to me, leaning his elbows on his knees, his head hanging down. Stiles sat across from us next to Scott, his leg bouncing furiously. Derek leaned against the wall, staring absently at the empty desk. We had decided not to tell Allison about her mom trying to kill Scott and Emma.

"Hello" Deaton said, walking into the room. Everyone instantly got to their feet, a pang of anxiety bouncing with in my chest.

"Well? How bad is it?" Dean asked, clearing his throat as he tried to look less nervous then he was. Stiles bit his nails staring absently at the ground with teary eyes. Deaton sighed deeply, the anxiety in my chest causing shortness of breath.

"Pretty bad" Deaton sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. I felt my heart plummet. Not Emma. It wasn't fair. Emma didn't deserve this. And then there was the fact that we were supposed to be keeping her safe until Cas figured out how to save her. What a good job we did.

"Well? What's wrong with her?" Derek asked, stepping forward into the light of the dark animal hospital's waiting room. Deaton sighed heavily for what the third time? His eyes darted around until finally he decided to just tell us.

"Well you did the right thing by bleeding out the wolvesbayne blood. That's the reason she is still alive. But unfortunately because she breathed so much of it in there are a lot of internal burns" Deaton explained. I felt sick to my stomach.

"But she's going to be okay right? They'll heal" I asked, looking for some piece of hope to hold onto. Some sign that things were going to be okay and Emma would return back to her normal self. Deaton shook his head slowly.

"Its going to take a long time. You have to remember she is more human now then supernatural. She doesn't have special healing abilities like you two" Deaton pointed to Scott and Derek. "Its going to take a while. The burns were pretty severe. Life is going to be very painful for her" Deaton added.

"Well there's got to be something we can do. Some supernatural way for her to heal quicker, to lessen her pain" Dean said, both his and my mind racing to think of something. There was no way we were taking her to a faith healer. They never ended well.

"Well there is one thing" Deaton said hesitantly, all of our heads lifting and hearts lightening at the thought that there was a way to help Emma.

"What? What is it?" Dean asked, his eyes wide with curiosity and hope. Deaton bit his lip, thinking.

"You are not going to like it" Deaton warned Dean.

"Tell me" Dean said, his voice deep and stern. Dean sighed, running his hand over his head.

"Okay. So Emma is only supernatural when she is using her powers. If she were to use her powers, it would automatically heal everything wrong with her. I think you should consider it" Deaton said. I was shocked. Sure that would heal her, but it would also push her so much closer to her death. It would in fact cause her pain, just a different form. I turned to Dean who stared at Deaton, his eye brows scrunched and his face tense. He took a step forward, his voice low and shaking.

"You're telling me that to get her better, you want to send her closer to death?" Dean spoke, his voice trembling with rage.

"Well I wasn't-" Deaton tried but Dean wouldn't let him finish.

"You think I'm going to let you kill her?!" Dean shouted, pointing his finger at Deaton. "How on Earth do you even consider an idea like that!?" Dean asked, his body was tense, his jaw clenched tight.