Party?

Dean

Sam and I sat at the table, drinking coffee. It was quiet, both of us exhausted from last night. Everything seemed hopeless. Emma's situation, killing or saving the kanima, ever hearing back from Cas, they were all dead ends. And now we were supposed to go to a birthday party? It all seemed so silly.

"What are you thinking about?" Sam asked, laying down the newspaper. I sighed, tracing the rim of my coffee cup with my finger.

"Just about how stupid it is that we're going to a party tonight while Emma's insides are literally burnt and we're all tired" I said quickly, my voice filled with a large amount of anger. Sam sat up, looking surprised. I took a breath, calming down. "Everything just seems so hopeless, you know?" I sighed, shaking my head.

"Well Cas is working on Emma's situation. Derek, Bobby and the Argents are working on Jackson. I'm sure something will take a turn for the better soon. It has to" Sam responded, closing his eyes for a moment. "We are not losing Emma and that's for sure" Sam said, surprising me. I nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Good morning" Emma greeted us, walking down the stairs. She wore black skinny jeans and a long sleeve army green top. Her hair was pulled back in a pony tail. Her face looked hollowed and tired, the bags under her eyes still heavy.

"Morning" Sam greeted, getting up and clearing his mug. "How are you feeling this morning?" Sam asked, sitting back. Emma shrugged, bitting her lip.

"A lot better" Emma answered, her eyes shining. Sam and I exchanged a glance. "Seriously. I'm so excited for the party tonight. It'll be fun. All our friends together for a little while" Emma sighed, putting a smile on.

"Well why don't you sit and we can talk over details about watching Jackson tonight" I sighed, kicking the chair from under the table. Emma smiled, shaking her head.

"Sorry. I'd love to sit and chat but I'm going over to Lydia's" Emma smiled, grabbing an apple off of the counter. Sam and I both straightened up.

"What? Why? The parties not till tonight" I panicked, Sam's facial expression conveying the same message. Emma rolled her eyes, shaking her head, a smile on her face.

"Guys relax. Lydia just wants my advice on a few things. From there I'll be going to school for a short amount of time. Then we'll all go to the party together tonight. Okay?" Emma asked, laughing. "Like I said, I'm feeling much better" Emma reiterated.

"Yeah okay. See you then" Sam waved, getting up and walking up stairs to go get dressed for the day. We were going to go around as FBI and try to dig up some information on these victims pasts, seeing if there are any connections.

"Bye Dean" Emma waved, opening the door.

"Hey if anything happens, call" I told her, pointing to the phone. Emma nodded, turning the door handle as she shut the door behind her. I caught a brief glimpse of her reflection, Emma was seeming to wince.

Emma

"Hey I missed you!" Lydia screeched, pulling me into a hug. I winced slightly, Allison noticing from where she sat on the bed.

"I missed you to!" I pretended to be okay, hugging back. "Are you excited for the party tonight?" I asked, Lydia pulling away. Her eyes went wide with excitement at the mention of the party.

"So excited. I feel like I haven't seen my two best friends in so long! Things have just been so crazy lately and its just going to be so much fun having our group back together again" Lydia explained, talking at a fast rate. "That reminds me! Be right back" she squealed, running out of the room.