Please Don't Kill Anyone

My eyes fluttered open quickly. Where was I? I began to panic as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. Finally my eyes adjusted, allowing me to take in my settings. Stiles's room. I looked over to the side of the bed, which was empty. I frowned, stretching. I slowly got out of bed, testing if my legs would hold me. Sure enough they did. I was better. I looked around the room but there was no sign of Stiles. I felt a little nervous, but I told myself he was down stairs. If I knew one thing about Stiles it was that he couldn't stay still for long. I walked out of the room, looking down the empty hallway. "Stiles?" I called. My voice echoed through the house. "Stiles?" I called louder. Still no response. Now I was worried. I ran back in the room grabbing my phone. It was only 10 in the morning. The lacrosse game  didn't start for another couple of hours.. I quickly dialed Stiles's number. "C'mon" I muttered. 

"Emma?" Stiles's voice spoke into the phone, filling me with relief. I let out a sigh, bringing my hand to my forehead. Stiles paused for a moment. "I totally forgot to leave a note didn't I?" Stiles drew a conclusion. I scoffed. 

"Yeah" I responded. "Where are you anyway?" I asked, trying to regain my breath. I heard Stiles mutter something to someone on the other end.

"I'm watching Derek being arrested" he replied. I felt my heart stop for the second time this morning. "I know you didn't like the idea of it so I thought I'd let you sleep in" Stiles explained his thought process. "Oh he's coming I have to talk to him. See you later" Stiles rushed into the phone.

"Stiles wait-" but he had already hung up. Thank god we didn't have school today. But we did have a lacrosse game in which a newly bitten werewolf would be playing. I pushed that out of my head, just as another worry came to mind. I just couldn't get the feeling out of my stomach that Derek was innocent. I looked down at my dirty outfit I had worn yesterday. I suppose I should go home and change before heading to school. I walked over to his bed, making it neatly, before heading outside. I got into my car, cranking the heat. I shuddered as I was freezing. I quickly pulled out of the driveway, heading home. 

-

"How was the sleepover?" my uncle asked as I walked into the house. Whose house had Stiles said I slept over? Allison? Lydia? I cursed as my brain last night had been nothing thanks to the wolvesbayne.

"Good" I said. Uncle Brian sat at the counter, reading the paper. He had a cup of coffee in his hand, toast in the other. 

"What'd you girls do?" he asked, looking up from the paper. I sighed, rubbing my forehead. The wolvesbayne feels as if it left me with a hangover. "You guys weren't drinking were you?" Uncle Brian asked suddenly, putting his cup of coffee down. 

"No" I said immediately. "I just stayed up late studying" I lied. He analyzed my face, trying to decided if I was trustworthy or not. I crossed my arms, shifting foot to foot. "I'm really tired and need to get changed. Do you mind?" I asked. He took one last look at me before deciding.

"Yeah okay kiddo I believe you" he finally replied. I smiled, heading up the stairs. "Oh and Emma" he called. I stopped, half way up the stairs. "Tell Lydia I said hi" he added before returning to his morning paper. I let out a breathe I hadn't realized I had been holding. I quickly ran the rest of the way up the stairs. I dropped my bag in my room, before getting into the shower.

I relaxed as the hot water ran over my muscles. I smiled as I remembered how Stiles and I had actually shared a bed last night. I guess it was time to admit it. I had a small crush on him. But for now we were friends. My job here was to keep everyone safe and calm. I hadn't moved to Beacon Hills knowing I would meet a few super naturals and their friends. I thought I would live a relatively normal life in which I tried to hide my healing powers. But things changed. I got out of the shower, drying off and throwing on some jeans and a long sleeved tee shirt. I braided my hair and fixed my make up. I smiled in the mirror as it didn't look like I had nearly died last night. I picked up my phone as it began buzzing in my pocket. Stiles.