Fight Back

Emma

I walked into the Hale house, the burnt floor creaking beneath my feet. "Derek?" I called, my hand resting on the crisp frame of what once used to be a grand entry way. I had sent Dean and Sam to go find Scott and Stiles at the police station, now that we know who the real culprit is.  "Hello? Anybody here?" I asked. Sure Derek usually resides at the creepy basement he called home now, but when I got in the car to go find Derek, I ended up here. 

I paused hearing a noise. I held my breath, remaining on my tip toes as I was in mid step. I heard the sound again, it sounding like a groan. "Derek?" I asked again, my heart beginning to pound against my rib cage. I followed the sound, ending up in the living room. "Derek!" I shouted, spotting him lying on the ground next to a large hole in the floor boards. 

"Der!" I called, kneeling down next to him. I lifted up his head,  trying to wake him. "Derek wake up!" I shouted, finally resorting to slapping him across the face. He gasped, his green eyes snapping open. They looked around for a few moments, seeming dazed.

"Emma?" he finally concluded, his eye brows scrunching together in confusion as he sat up, resting on his elbows. 

"Yeah its me Derek" I smiled, my hand resting on his shoulder. "What happened to you?" I asked as I noticed the worried crinkles begin to appear on his forehead. I wanted to see if he could confirm what I had seen. I didn't want it to be true. I was hoping it wasn't true. 

"Oh my god it was real. It was all real" Derek whispered to himself, shaking his head as he looked around the room. He was scaring me. Please say I was dreaming. I squeezed his shoulder again, regaining his attention. 

"Derek tell me what happened" I told him sternly, making eye contact with him. His lips pressed into a tight line as he thought about what had happened, figuring out how to explain it. 

"I-I was at my place and Lydia, yeah Lydia, she-she came up to me and blew wolvesbayne in my face" he said, seeming to be in shock. Oh no. "And I woke up and we were here. I couldn't figure out why, you know? But then I saw the full moon beams and it shined in here and-and" Derek began to stumble over his words as his eyes clouded with horror. 

"And she used you to bring Peter back from the dead" I finished his sentence, Derek's mouth opening with surprise. "Yeah. I had a vision. I was hoping it wasn't true considering we have enough to deal with but you confirmed it. Peter is back and out for blood" I sighed, sitting down on the floor. 

"But why did Lydia do it?" Derek pondered, relaxing a bit now that I was here and he was not unconscious. 

"I hate to say it but Peter did bite Lydia for a reason. Perhaps he knew she wasn't going to turn and that's why he bit her. Maybe it made some kind of connection. Lydia was Peter's back up plan. And we were all to caught up to see it" I muttered to myself. I had a feeling that Lydia wasn't completely Lydia due to the way she had been acting but I had just chalked it up to her feeling lonely and depressed after being humiliated at school. 

"You're probably right. I guess her party was a distraction" Derek commented. I nodded in response, suddenly feeling tired: exhausted actually. "Where's the rest of 'em?" Derek asked, referring to Scott, Stiles, Sam and Dean. 

"Right. I forgot to tell you. The lacrosse kid Matt is the controller of the kanima. We figured it out when I saved him from drowning in the pool and Jackson was there to pull him out" I explained. "The boys are at the police station, trying to find some evidence to pin Matt down for the murders without giving away the whole supernatural aspect of it" I added. Derek rolled his eyes, sighing. 

"You left that big a task for those idiots?" Derek asked in a sarcastic tone, getting to his feet. He offered a hand, which I accepted. 

"We should probably go down there and see how they're doing" I responded, Derek pulling me to my feet. I wavered to the side for a moment, the internal burns creating a very painful sensation. I glanced to Derek's hand which momentarily had black veins running down it.