Running

Sam

Stiles and Scott sat on the couch, silent. I looked to Dean who just ran his hand over his face. We had just finished explaining everything to Stiles and Scott. Yes, Lucifer, the apocalypse, Cas, angels and most importantly Emma's roll in the whole thing.

"Please tell me you're kidding" Scott whispered, shaking his head. I sighed, sitting down across from them. I wish I was. I wished more then anything that we could save Emma and keep her from dyeing. But now it was looking like that wasn't an option. 

"I'm sorry" I whispered, blinking the tears from my eyes that had begun to blur my sight. I looked over at Dean who's glassy eyes were trained on the floor. Stiles stood up suddenly, shaking his head as he began to pace the room. 

"No" Stiles shook. "No, no and no" he said, his hands shaking as he paced. Dean stood up, walking over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Stiles stopped moving, staring Dean in the eyes. "No" Stiles said softly now, his lip trembling. 

"I don't want it to happen either" Dean muttered, squeezing Stiles' shoulder. "I really don't want it to happen" Dean sniffled. Stiles just stared at Dean, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. 

"So were you just not going to tell us? Not going to tell her?" Stiles asked, shrugging his shoulders, Dean's hand falling back to his side. 

"We weren't going to burden you with unneeded worry, no" Dean replied, sitting back down. Stiles laughed sourly, sitting back on the couch. "And we are sure as hell not going to tell her" Dean added, a look of determination in his eyes. 

"So what? What now?" Scott asked from where he had been quietly sitting on the couch. Dean sighed heavily, leaning back. 

"We figure out how to save Jackson and stop Gerarde while we wait for.... it to happen" Dean fluttered over the word it as if just the idea made him sick.

 "We enjoy our time with her. Our fleeting time with her should be good and happy, because Emma is a great person and there is never going to be a good time to lose her so we need to enjoy having her while she's here" I offered, feeling pain tug at my heart. 

"I can't lose my best friend. She's helped me through everything. Controlling the shifts, becoming a werewolf, getting and losing Allison, everything" Scott looked up with his big brown eyes which now had tears in them and right then I thought I was going to be sick. 

"No one can handle losing her" Dean whispered just loud enough for us to hear. The room went silent, tension hanging in the air as everyone let the terrible news sink in. Everyone's shoulders were slumped, the corners of their mouths turned down and eyebrows pulled together. 

"Hey, woah who died?" Emma asked, walking into the room and stopping abruptly as soon as she saw all of our faces. Little did she know the irony of asking that. Everyone straightened up, trying to remove the gloom that clouded their faces. Dean looked at Stiles, shaking his head 'no'. 

"Nothing we're all just tired" Dean smiled, patting the arm chair next to him. Emma sighed shaking her head. 

"Well I've got some bad news of my own" Emma spoke, perching on the arm of the chair. I held my breath, Cas wouldn't have told her to, would he?  "Isaac, Erica and Boyd ran away. No one's heard from them. I don't know what the hell's going on" Emma shook her head. Everyone let out a collective sigh of relief. 

"Maybe it's a good thing. It might keep them out of Gerarde's path of vengeance or whatever" Stiles muttered, shaking his head. His voice was dark and harsh, Emma's eyes changing as she seemed to catch on. 

"Hey Stiles can I talk to you for a second?" Emma asked, standing up and extending her hand. Stiles' eyes widened as he looked to me. I nodded, my eyes gesturing for him to follow. He swallowed, taking her hand and standing up. 

Heal Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें