The Bite

Scott cried out as something bit into his side. He screamed out as he swatted at the large, hairy creature that sat on top of him. He knew agreeing to search for the dead body in the woods with his best friend Stiles had been a bad idea. He knew it.

Scott managed to kick the thing with his foot, sending it backwards before he scrambled away from it as he began running. He felt shooting pain, sprouting from his side. He tripped on a log, sending him crashing down the ground. Moisture from the moist leaves soaked into his sweatshirt, reminding him to get up and keep running. 

Careful to watch his footing, he continued running through the woods as he felt wet droplets hit his face. Then it became heavier as the sprinkles turned into a downpour. Scott's breathing was heavy, and he had lost his inhaler. His lungs begin to burn, only increasing his already immense sense of panic.

Scott finally spotted the road, not too far in front of him. He sucked in enough air to push him the rest of the way before sprinting the rest of the way into the road. A loud car horn blared through the air as the car swerved around him before it stopped not too far ahead of him. He looked up as he heard a loud howl ring out through the air, his head tilting in confusion. Wolves? Scott was brought out of his thoughts when the door to the car opened and a girl stepped out.

"Hey are you okay?" she asked, jogging over to him. She was about 5'8 and looked to be about his age. She had long blonde hair that reached her back, her hair quickly soaked under the down pour. 

Scott lifted his jacket to reveal a bite mark, her warm brown eyes filling with worry. "Um" Scott mumbled, surprised at what he saw. A short gasp escaped the girl as blood began to trickle down his side. "No?" he answered, glancing up to meet her stare.

"Oh my god" she whispered, taking a closer look. "How much does it hurt?" she asked in a worried tone, a grimace coming over Scott's face as he tried to move.

"10, definitely 10" he grunted as more blood continued to leave his body. The girl looked around the empty road before turning back to him, a nervous expression on her face. She sighed, gnawing on her lip as if she was trying to make a decision.

"What bit you?" she asked, watching him closely. He shrugged, and then grimaced at the pain that shot through him. "Okay, I'm going to do something for you. But you can't say anything to anyone, okay?" she asked, clearly contemplating what she was going to do. 

His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion, his head tilting to the side. "Tell them what?" he asked, fear beginning to pump through his veins. She looked around once more before taking a deep breath, and turning back towards Scott.

"This" she whispered before reaching out a gently laying her hand on the bloody bite mark. Scott let out a grunt as pain coursed through his side. He looked down as blue light started to seep from her fingers, his eyes going wide.

"W-hhat?" he stuttered, his heart beginning to race. She looked up at him, her warm brown eyes now an icy blue. The blue light seemed to grow around his wound until it covered most of his torso, the light in her eyes blinding. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she concentrated. Then she pulled her hand away, Scott glancing down to where there was no sign of injury. Just regular skin.

"There" she smiled, standing up and taking a step back as she admired her work. Scott pulled his shirt back down, taking a shaky step back. She sighed as if she was used to this reaction, her smile fading. "Do you want a ride home?" she asked, turning back towards her car. 

Scott stood at a loss for words, his eyes wide as they burned holes in the back of her head. She acted as if none of that had just happened and Scott could barely move, riddled with confusion. "Well?" she asked again, impatience in her tone. Scott shut his mouth which had just been hanging open and nodded as he ran after her, hopping into the passenger seat.