Goodbye

Emma

"Shh" Stiles shushed me, bending down as we neared the door. He grabbed my hand, lowering me to the ground. We paused in front of the door, listening. I listened to the sound of punching and grunting. I went to walk stand up, Stiles grabbing my arm. 

"What?" I whispered, our faces close to each other. Stiles went quiet, his eyes searching mine. "Stiles we have to go" I whispered, feeling Stiles' breath on my face. Stiles stared at me, his grip tightening on my arm.

"Emma when we're in there, don't use your powers" Stiles whispered, his eye brows drawn together in worry. I sighed, closing my eyes. I had a feeling that was what he was going to say. 

"Stiles" I exhaled, shaking my head, a ache growing in my chest. Stiles shook his head, his hand moving to my cheek. 

"No matter what, don't use them. Please" he begged, his eyes wide and begging. I pressed my lips into a tight line, my eyes watering. I wouldn't cry though. I wouldn't upset him more. I was going to do what I had to do, no matter the consequence. "Please. For me" Stiles pleaded. 

"I am doing this for you Stiles. Its the only way" I told him, quickly pecking his lips before standing up. Stiles quickly got to his feet, a look of shock on his face. I blushed, walking towards the door. I paused, my hands resting on the handles. Chills ran up and down my spine, my nerves set on edge. "Stay behind me Stiles" I whispered before pushing open the door. 

I immediately froze, a gun pointed at me. I grabbed Stiles, pulling him behind me. Gerarde aimed the gun at me, even though his weapon was already at work. Isaac was curled up in a ball, blood staining his shirt and face, Argent standing over him with a gun. Derek lay, seemingly paralyzed, Sam trying to help bleed out the blood. Sam had bruises on his face, blood on his lip. Allison aimed her arrow at Dean, one move and the arrow would kill him. I spotted Scott behind Dean. I felt my heart grow warm at the sight of Dean protecting Scott. I didn't see Lydia and Peter so he must be hiding her somewhere, somewhere safe. 

"Easy" I said, walking forward, my hands extended in a neutral position. "I just want to talk" I spoke, turning my head as I heard the click of Jackson's claws against the floor. I guess my prediction had been right. 

"Talk?" Gerarde laughed, shaking his head. I looked at Stiles who stared at Gerarde, a look of hatred in his eyes. 

"Talk" I repeated, walking further into the wear house, the door shutting behind us. 

"Seems fair enough. Now my darling Emma, I'm sure you're asking yourself why this is happening. Why I want Derek so bad?" Gerarde smirked. 

"That's what she said" I whispered to Stiles over my shoulder. Stiles had to press his hand over his mouth to keep from bursting out in laughter. 

"What?" Gerarde asked, raising the gun again. 

"Nothing. I do. I want to know what you want. I know this isn't about killing Derek for revenge because he isn't the one who killed Kate" I told Gerarde, the trace of laughter gone with the threat of being shot. 

"I want Derek because he is the alpha. I want him to give me the bite" Gerarde announced, everyone surprised. I shook my head slowly, my eyes narrowing in confusion. 

"You want to become a werewolf? The thing you hate most and want to kill?" I asked, trying not to laugh at how ridiculous this all was. 

"Well its the only way to cure the cancer" Gerarde shrugged as if that was perfect logic. "Yes, I have cancer. The plan has been to get Derek's bite and heal myself. I could still be a hunter after I learned to control the shift"