To play or not to play

"Well?" I asked as I ran into Scott in the hallway who was looking at his phone. Scott looked up at me, surprised to see me. I rolled my eyes. "What did coach say?" I asked again. Scott let out a frustrated sigh, obvious sign that it did not go well.

"I'm playing" Scott sighed, crossing his arms. I frowned. "Emma everyone is depending on me! My mom is coming to the game, I'm first line-" Scott and I's conversation was cut off as Allison approached us, Scott shooting me a nervous look.

"Hey am I interrupting anything?" Allison asked, bright and cheery. Scott shook his head no before she could even finish the question, a huge grin sprawled on his lips. I sighed internally at just how love struck Scott was. "Well uh I have to get to french class but I just wanted to let you know I'm coming to see you play tomorrow" she smiled. Oh no. Just more motivation for Scott to play. Could this get any worse?

"You are?" Scott asked, seeming to notice the same thing I was. Allison smiled, nodding.

"Yup. And we're all going out afterwards" Allison added. "You, me, Lydia, Jackson, Emma. It will be great" she told Scott. Hey what about Stiles? Focus Emma. "Oh and tell Stiles to come to" Allison added, preventing me from being mad at her. "Save me a seat at lunch I got to go" Allison smiled at us before walking away down the hallway. I watched as Scott's eyes followed her until she was out of sight. Scott turned back to me, his face screaming frustration.

"See! Everything is riding on that game!" Scott shouted. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose as I found myself having a splitting headache. I grabbed Scott's arm, pulling him farther down the hallway. I lightly pushed him against the wall.

"Yeah Scott I understand there is a lot that is riding on this game. But I also know there is a lot riding on you not playing this game. Do I have to remind you what could happen?" I asked, my voice low but furious. "Besides the possibility of you killing people how about putting me, Derek, even Stiles in danger. If those hunters even think there is something going on, then we are all in trouble" I growled. "I went into their basement Scott. To say they had a lot of guns would be an understatement" I whispered. Scott just stared at me, eyes wide. I hadn't meant to scare him. I pulled away, sighing. "Look Scott, I'm sorry. I just-I'm just trying to think things through" I spoke defeated.

"Can't you teach me how to control it?" Scott asked. Me? Who did he think I was?

"Scott, I don't know how to do that! I barely know what I am!" I responded. Scott looked at me, pleading with his puppy eyes. "Look I'll look into it. I know somethings and I can do a little digging alright?" I gave in.

"Thank you!" Scott yipped. I felt a buzz in my pocket as my phone went off. I pulled it out, Scott peeking to see my screen. 'Hey thanks for bringing my coat home from the party'- Allison. Coat? I definitely didn't bring her coat to her locker. Scott read my text, instantly letting out an almost growl.

"Woah, hey what's the problem?" I asked, putting my phone back in my pocket. Scott was breathing heavily as he looked around the hallway.

"Allison wore that coat to the party" Scott growled. I rolled my eyes. This kid was so difficult.

"So?" I asked, annoyance in my voice. Scott looked up at me as he tried to slow his breathing.

"So Derek drove her home. She must have left it in his car. He was here! He's messing with her!" Scott began to shout, his temper rising again. I grabbed his arm, hard, snapping him out of it.

"Hey drop it" I demanded. Scott continued to look around, earning a yank on the arm. "I said drop it" I said, Scott finally calming down. "I'll ask him about it okay? For now I want you to focus on getting out of that game, or controlling your anger. Understand?" I asked. Scott nodded, back to himself. "Good. I looked down at my watch. "Shit now I'm late to english" I said, shooting Scott a glare before I ran down the hallway. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket as I jogged down the hallway. 'Why is there a rumor going around that Scott isn't playing in the game tomorrow?'-Lydia. Oh god. If Lydia got a hold of Scott she would surely manipulate him into playing the game.