Chapter 15 Surprised!

So , after the "Your Strange " comment I just  smiled... You , know the difference between me and most is...  I , don't  let opinions , dictate my actions but match energy ,with  energy!

An older graying female sat " You, are wise for  such  a young beast!" Hmm , thank you that's one of the morals I was raised with! You , can't be your true self , when walking in the  shadows of popularity! She giggled.

Looking at the brunette, and  a few blonde's " You , all could learn something from her! Young one, what is your name? " Jessica!

She nods thoughtfully " A  name not from here a traveler!" Of sorts! " You , can't fool this old female!" Did ,you  by chance know others like that?

"Hmm, many I am very old and have  many cubs but... Can ,you  visit tomorrow  before , the moon rises the next evening and have a chat?" Yes, what is your name? " Call me Elder Yona!" I smiled, as a  old male helped her up.

Everyone ,started eating so I did too as we got about done Ivan's friend came over " Elder Yona asked for Ivan!" Okay!  I sat with  Harvey and he slithered over to her.

" Jessica!" Yes Harvey? "She , wants to arrange something for you!" I, guess we will know more tomorrow! When he came back  "Let's go home and talk!" I stroke his hair... Whatever, it on things will be okay!

He smiled, and then we left his face looking serious as we sat in the hut.... " Elder , wants us to travel with them and, have a tournament for your hand!" Why , would she do that for me?

"She , likes you a lot and  wants at least one of the clan with you !"
But , we're under the wolf castle protection? " Mate , we can go with them to the tribe for the tournament !" Well , I guess we could find more food ,and  medicine along the way but...

We , should inform the kings! Shuu kissed my cheek  and then all the others took turns that night we all slept peacefully the next morning Shuu,and  Winston go and  inform the kings while Russ went hunting , with Ivan.  I , worked on packing  clothes, pads, and stuff while Harvey,  and  Fang make bowls,  plates, cups , and spoons with  bamboo,  and some other  soft wood pieces.

By the time Winston , and Shuu got back Russ  , and Ivan had collected the fish , and traps , some fruits, and a huge deer .

We took it to Elder Yona and Fang started  cooking with  Harvey  while  Ivan carried me over... Hello,  Elder Yona! " Ooh, young one I'm so happy you came! "

I'm glad I could help you smile ! She giggled " So, you  will  come?"
Yes we will! " Excellent!" I sat there and noticed her joints swelled... Where, I come from we call this  arthritis soak your ankles in the cold water it will take the swelling down , then sit in the sun and have your mates massage , warm root on ot should help some!

" So kind hearted ! I , want my female clansman ,to learn your ways it will  help them go far!"
Elder Yona,  I can try but they have to be willing! " I know!"

Elder talks for  awhile  about  her friends from the past and how much she wanted them to join her family as a phoenix they can resurrect and  heal others, I couldn't help feeling a tug at my heartstrings.

After we all ate breakfast Fang shifted and I ride his beast form while my clothes were carried by Russ , the eating utensils we made Harvey carried with our herbs , while Shuu had our hides tied with leather scraps over his shoulders we all traveled the day stopping to rest near a village of horse beastman .

They ,of course sent guards to ask if we were passing through , our business and such so one male I think maybe Flares , father beast spoke to them.

Winston, had caught a boar , Harvey and Russ found stone fruit, onion , and I spotted celery, and peppers so we used some to rub the boar meat and stew down the vegetables I saved some celery seeds the good smell drew curious phoenix, and some horse clansmen one of the horse clan his mouth  was watering so I told Harvey to give him a bowl . After, a few minutes he gave it back " How do you cook such yummy food for your mate?"  She taught us! He , and the phoenixes are surprised.