1995

Matts point of view

It was Matts first day at high school and he was quite nervous for starting a school with older kids. However he wasn't too nervous because he knew his friends Jimmy and Brian would be there with him.

I grabbed my school bag, as my sisters did, and they got in the car.

"You excited?" My mom asked me, looking through the rear view mirror of the car.

"Meh" I mumbled, staring out of the window.

"Cheer up, son" my mom said, as we pulled up at Huntington beach high school.

I waved her and my sisters goodbye, before she took them to their separate schools.

Jimmy and Brian were at the entrance and waved me over "Matt, you nervous?" Jimmy asked me

"I wish people would stop asking that" I laughed nervously as we headed into school

"We need to check our class schedule" Brian told, grabbing his out of his bag.

"Thank you, Jesus" Jimmy said enthusiastically, looking at his classes "I've got music class on mine"

"Me too" me and Brian said, simultaneously as we looked at eachother in shock

"Atleast that's one good thing.." Brian said putting his bag back on his shoulder before we headed to class.

It was lunch but before that, in music class, we made a new friend.. zachary baker. He recently moved here, for high school.

"So where you from?" Jimmy asked Zack,with a mouthful of food.

"Washington" Zack told smiling "my dad moved here for work, so here I am"

"Oh, sick" i replied, biting into my pizza. "You made any friends yet?"

"Nah.. not really, apart from you guys" zack said, awkwardly looking at his tray of food.

"You listen to metal, right?" I asked, looking at the iron maiden shirt he was wearing.

"I do" he replied with a smile, sitting up more as he gained his interest.

"Dude, me too!..I love iron maiden" Jimmy exclaimed, pointing at zacks shirt.

This then led to a huge conversation about the different bands we all liked, which we all were heavily involved with. Then Brian suggested Zack joined us at the park, after school, which he agreed to.

After school, when my mom picked me up from school she bombarded me with questions. "How was it?", "do you like it?", "did you make any new friends?"

After we practically played 21 questions, I finally got to answer her "yeah, me, Jimmy and Brian actually made a new friend called Zack, zack baker"

"Baker?" My mom asked rhetorically, as she was thinking.. "I knew I heard that name earlier today, a family has just moved in to our neighbourhood with the name baker" she told me, tapping the steering wheel.

"No way" I said to myself, knowing zack was also a neighbour.

"Mom?" I asked "can I go to the park, with ang"

She replied "yes, but look after her.. the twins will be there , I'm guessing" she said, staring at the road.

"Yeah, they will" angel replied for me.

Back to angel's point of view..

As soon as we got home we threw our bags in the garage and got on our bikes

I turned to Matt, thinking it was a good opportunity to ask as he wasn't with his friends,right now.
"Why do you guys dislike Johnny?" I asked him as we peddled.