2001

Josh had really been messing with my head. He had continued being abusive towards me, mentally and physically, and then apologising. He had become really manipulative, i guess I was just too caught up in his lies and believed that he loved me, so I coped with it. I still didn't tell anyone that he had been hurting me, I felt embarrassed to do so.

On the bright side, avenged sevenfold had released their first album called Sounding The Seventh Trumpet. They had gained more fans during the past year and had been attending more shows for upcoming metal bands.

No matter how old we all were, we were always going to hang out at our parents house, with Jimmy stealing my dads beers.

I walked downstairs in my pjs, barely awake, and walked into the kitchen. Jimmy was randomly in my house, in his robe, cracking open one of my dads coors light beers. I was so used to it now that I found it hilarious. Only Jimmy would be trying to start a party by himself at 11:00am.

His face lit up at my presence "if it isn't my favourite sanders sibling!" he said, placing the cap of the beer on the counter.

"Someone's awake early" I laughed, grabbing a frying pan off the rack and putting it on the stove.

I turned my back for a second to grab the eggs out of the fridge and when I turned back around, Jimmy was drinking beer out of the pan.

"Jimmy! What the?" I laughed, putting the eggs down on the counter.

Matt walked down the stairs and saw Jimmy "I'm not even gonna ask!" He chuckled, throwing his hands up and grabbing some orange juice out of the fridge.

After Jimmy stopped slurping the beer from the pan, he wiped his mouth and put the pan down "nothing wrong with a good ol' beer in the morning"

"I can't stomach another beer" I sighed, rubbing my head and getting another pan out. I cracked some eggs in the pan and began frying them, along with some pancakes. I put one on a plate and turned back to finish cooking. "Thanks for the pancake, Evangeline" thanked Johnny, sarcastically.

I turned around "why is everyone in our house?" I laughed, turning to Matt who was now sat at the table.

"Oh yeah, they crashed here last night. I thought you knew" he shrugged "they were drinking and decided to get a cab... here?"

I nodded my head and put the syrup on the counter next to Johnny "great to know that you like my cooking, Seward " I grinned.

He shook his head, speaking with a mouthful of food "I wouldn't say I like it... I'm only eating it because i can't be bothered eating anything else. I'd eat a horse if it was here" he joked, although still eating it.

I gasped "rude". I then shot him a disgusted look "and close your mouth when you're eating, it's not a good look"

"Those hot chicks sure loved it" he laughed to himself.

"You really need to stop paying for girls, Seward" Jimmy snickered, wolfing down his food.

"Whats this about paying for girls?" Brian joined in, walking out of the spare room with Zack.

"Not you aswell. You're just jealous" Johnny rolled his eyes.

"Jesus, I didn't know all of you crashed here" i facepalmed.

"Don't act like you're disappointed" Brian winked. I pulled a funny face at him.

"Anyway guys.." Val started, putting her fork down "you all up for a party tonight?" she asked "it's Olivia's birthday today" Olivia was valarys cousin and a good friend of ours.

"Hell yeah" Matt agreed

"If it involves booze, music and a room full of chicks, count me in" Johnny added

" I swear that's all you think about" i said, starting to eat my food.

"Who doesn't" zack also added, earning a fist bump from Brian.

During the party, I joined Brian and Johnny on the couch.
"You know...Seward, you're really gonna have to come up with better ideas if you want to pull chicks" Brian laughed as he kicked his feet up.

Johnny shot Brian an offended look, then rolled his eyes "alright Hugh Hefner, if you're soooo great at getting girls, help me"

I laughed "you know, that's probably the funniest thing you've ever said" I teased. He flipped me off and turned to Brian waiting for his response.

Brian thought for a moment then looked at Johnny again "what do girls like.... Dogs!, they loooove dogs"

I tilted my head in confusion "and how exactly would a dog help him?" I chuckled.

Johnny thought and sat up in his seat "Olivia has a puppy, I'll just pretend it's mine. Great idea bri" he winked as he got up.

Brian tried explaining that he wasn't serious but Johnny took no notice. He was a man on a mission.

Johnny returned with Olivia's puppy, rocky. "now ladies" he teased Brian "watch the chicks SWARM"

We waited for a while, then a girl spotted the dog and made her way over "awwww" she cooed "what's his name?"

I watched as a smirk formed on johnnys face "rocky" he told her smugly.

I sipped my drink, waiting to see if his little plan actually worked.

The girl held the puppy "rocky is sooo cute" she smiled

"and what about Rockys owner?" Johnny smirked. brian and I were cringing so bad.

The chick placed a soft kiss on the dogs head and smiled, before putting him down.

Johnny looked at her as if he was waiting for his turn. She half smiled then walked away.

Me and Brian burst out laughing. "Now... THAT, was the worst thing I've seen in my life" Brian laughed, almost crying.

"Yeah, yeah.. laugh it up" Johnny scoffed, trying to hold his own laughter in. He gazed down at the puppy "damn it, rocky"
It would only be Johnny to get cockblocked by... a dog.

Johnny got up from the couch "im getting another drink" he sighed, strolling along to the bar.
I placed rocky on my lap and began stroking him, that's when a bruise became visible on my wrist.

I quickly shifted my arm away but Brian saw it before I could. "Angel...?" Brian asked, in a softer almost sympathetic tone.

I cleared my throat and looked at him, not knowing what to say. I spoke up "look Brian it's-" I said before getting interrupted by a very concerned Brian.

He held my wrist and looked at it. I could see his face drop, confirming what he saw. "HE'S been doing this?!"

"Brian please... don't tell Matt. Josh will kill me if he finds out anyone knows.." I say, begging him not to tell anyone else about this.

We then talked for a while, Brian didn't fully understand why I stayed with josh after all he had been doing but... I didn't know either. In the end, he promised not to tell anyone else about it. So for now, I didn't need to worry.