1996

I finally could join my brother and my friends at high school. Now that they were friends with Johnny, he was around us more often. It took them a while to warm up to him but better late than never.

I had actually been practicing guitar, since the year before. So much that I had been allowed to take music class, with the others.

"I keep hitting the wrong string" I groaned, looking down at my guitar.

Everyone else seemed to be doing just fine. I was clearly struggling, so Brian came over. "You know I can help you learn? My mom will be fine with you coming over, if your mom is?" He suggested, giving me a smile.

I was surprised that he was even offering so i, of course, jumped at the chance "god, yeah. If you're sure?" I smiled putting my guitar down.

He nodded at me "I am, my dad is a guitarist, after all. He's been teaching me for a few years"

"Must be nice, matt rarely helps me" I chuckled, pointing my head in the direction of my brother.

Brian laughed and sat back down next to his amp.

Although we had been with Jimmy in the morning, he walked into music class...half way through.

"Sullivan, why are you late?" Asked the teacher, raising his voice.

"I was hungry, a man's got his needs. I can't play when im starving, can I?" He asked, cockily with a smirk.

"Leave the classroom. Now" the teacher demanded, getting irritated.

"He's not wrong" I mumbled under my breath

The teacher whipped his head, turning it to me "then you can join him."

"What the fuck?" I said out loud in disbelief.

Matt nudged me and used his eyes to signal me to leave.

I joined Jimmy outside "he has serious problems, all I said was you weren't wrong"

"Its because he's bald" Jimmy said casually, leaning against the wall in the hallway.

I burst out laughing because of the way that he said it "you're right, he's mad because he has no hair"

Our music teacher heard and quickly interrupted, shutting the door behind him "what was that?"

I jumped at the sudden sound of his voice and looked at Jimmy who was pulling the funniest face, trying to make me laugh.

"Nothing" Jimmy said bluntly

"Your parents WILL hear about this" he pointed at us angrily. "Now go back inside" he demanded

When I sat back down Matt and Brian were trying not to laugh, which made it worse.

Jimmy hopped on the stool behind his drums and began annoyingly playing every time the teacher tried talking, which only made him get kicked out of class...again.
———————————————————————————

After school my mom was about to beat my ass for acting up in school.

"You've just started and you're already acting up? You won't get anywhere acting like this, Angel. You've been too influenced by your brother and his friends" she yelled,being disappointed in me.

"Mom! It wasn't that bad, especially not how that asshole of a teacher made it out to be." I yelled back, trying to convince her.

My mom and dad were now tag teaming, against me.
"See, the cussing needs to stop" my dad added, now shouting

"She's turning out exactly like her brother" my mom sighed, turning to my dad.