{-5-}

The Beginning

My suitcases and duffel bag were over-packed and ready to go, I jumped up and down on each one to get them closed forcefully. It was harder than I thought but I was still able to get them closed all the way.

Alright, all I need is to get this downstairs and then go talk to those two baboons. No offense to baboons. "Rylyn!" Mom called me from downstairs. "I'm coming!" I yelled back with an attitude. I struggled to carry all my suitcases out of my room so I pushed them instead.

Out my room and down the stairs. "Larry take these, and put them in the car." I waved my hand at our butler and walked off. He nodded and struggled to pick up my suitcase.

"You guys called." I walked into the grand dining room that was located next to the grand kitchen and grand everything. "Have a seat." My mother held her hand out to direct me to a chair so instead I sat in the one next to it.

"Good enough." She sighed. "So you're aware of you going to ABCI." She had a little demand in her voice. "Obviously." I stuck my neck out at her. John sighed deeply, got up, and walked away. I crossed my arms and snickered at him.

"You might have a single dorm or-" I cut her off. "Great, that's all I needed to know, I'll stay for as long as necessary." I scooted my chair back, attempting to get up and leave the table. "Not so fast." I frowned and sat back down. "I said might, you might have a single room. Just know there are doubles and even triples that have to share." She turned her nerd switch on and began preaching the Declaration of Independence.

"Enough, god.." I rolled my eyes. "Speaking of God, there will be chapel every Sunday." She smiled. "That's unnecessary." I avoided her glare and tapped my finger on my chin. "How long will I be gone?" I was praying for a long sentence. "Until you graduate, but there will be breaks where you come home." She continued.

"Sweet that's like a year or a few months right?" I swung my legs in excitement. This is about to be fucking good. I felt a sly grin make its way on my face. "It may be a boarding school but they still have regular school standards, if you mess up you can get held back." She looked at me worriedly.

"I don't give a damn." I laughed in her face hard. "I'm glad you think it's funny." She furrowed her eyebrows. "They'll explain everything you need to know when you get there. So I advise you to take a nap and then we can start making our way. Any questions, comments, or concerns?" she sat up straight with class and crossed her fingers together on the table.

Should I tell her about the cat? What if she doesn't believe me? I mean I do lie about a lot of things but If I show her, wait I can't since I changed back. How do I change to the cat? "Alright, this isn't about the topic but about me." She nodded and mouthed the words 'Of course'.

"I think there's something wrong with my body." I deadpan. "Puberty. " She nodded aggressively. "Mom no. My body goes like poof and there's a cloud and all of a sudden I'm a-" She cut me off. "OKAY, take a nap and we'll be on our way!" She laughed nervously and slammed her hands on the table, shooting out of her chair and speed-walking away while calling out for John.

"What the hell?! She dodged the unfinished question!" I got up, enraged and disappointed. She's hiding something and I know it! Too bad I don't care enough to go all Blues Clues or Scooby do on her. I'll just sleep it off then.