Chapter 1

You are cordially invited to the Engagement Party of

Valentina de Vera and Aldrynon Wyner!

**-**-**

Save the date!

The letter sat in a dresser hounded with books and handouts. It looks so out of place. Tyler Wyner stared at it with hostile intent, fiddling with his black tie. His brown hair is slicked back, his eyebags are concealed. Not his signature freckles, a staple of his character. Everything on him seemed so polished... just for the occasion.

"Fruit, help!"

Tyler looked back at where his best friend and precious human stood at the doorway, the necktie stuck around the boy's thumb during his attempt at tying it correctly. Tyler laughed, his mood lightening up.

"Jeez Sprout, not doing so well without your Mom?" Tyler teased, undoing the ridiculous knot on Kei Johnson's thumb. He whined in response to Tyler's teasing.

The two had been best friends since kids. The shorter, shaggy-haired half-Asian has been his companion better than his parents. Tyler couldn't leave his bean Sprout alone and Kei wouldn't have survived middle school without his Fruit. Kei is the brother Tyler had always dreamed of.

Yet since his father's engagement, he is given brothers that he would never ask for.

A knock came from the door. "Young Master Tyler, the guests who have arrived requested for you and Master Kei to head downstairs."

A feeling of dread overcame him. "Who is it?"

"The Marauders, sir?"

At the reply, Kei lit up. "They're here, they're here!"

Tyler would've been so happy that Kei's eyes twinkled like that. If not for the reason...

Kei barged out and ran impatiently to the stairs where Tyler had to grab his arm so he won't trip. The kid wasn't used to pointy leather shoes yet. When they got to the entrance hall, Kei practically bounced to get to the boy who owned his heart, Justin Levough.

"Justin!"

"Whoa Suckerpunch...you looked ten years older with a tux. Damn, you look sexy..." The man greeted, hogging and destroying Kei's hair that Tyler worked so hard to style. He glared at Kei's raven-haired lover.

Tyler twitched. He stood up the stairs where he stared at the four boys who is basically his nightmare. The four horsemen of the apocalypse. The Marauders.

The Marauders who run the school. The Marauders who are feared, worshiped, avoided, followed, everything. The four of them used to bully excessively, from spilling chemicals in the Science lab to straight-up beating someone up, they get away with it because they're the Marauders. They even run a Fraternity, Kappa Aegis. That Fraternity's link with the Mafia seals their powers over everyone in school.

But one year ago, the King of the Marauders fell in love with Tyler's best friend, the weakest of the school, the chicken nugget, the number one target for bullying. Ever since they had toned down the bullying. But Tyler knew better; once a Marauder, always a Marauder.

"Ahh, my Suckerpunch looks so handsome, I can't wait to drag you hom-" Pause. That is Justin Levough. The Leader; the worst guy you'll ever meet; and Kei's boyfriend. Apparently, Tyler's best friend has a taste for arrogant and sadistic bastards. But what can he do? They love each other and Kei is happy with the King. Justin has quiffed-up black hair and black eyes, wearing a white tuxedo.

He came from the Levough Mafia, which Tyler's father is currently under. They built the Carvalle Empires, especially the school. The Levoughs are really powerful, that is why Tyler can't boot Justin from his house. Oh, how he wants to...