Chapter 3

AT KAPPA AEGIS,

"Wow... the wedding invitation is so over the top. I wouldn't expect anything less for the wedding itself," commented Vincent Levough as he set down the pop-up invitation on his desk.

Tyler was seated in front of him, reviewing recruitment forms for the new semester.

Having no response, Vincent looked at Tyler. "Aren't you excited?"

"Huh?" Tyler looked up. "Oh yeah... Wedding... very cool..."

Vincent sighed at the tone of dismay in Tyler's voice. "You've been like that for several days. It's okay to voice out your feelings at your father's wedding, Tyler. You can object to it. I highly doubt it'll make an impact, but if you keep bottling it up, it'll be you that suffers."

"I care less about my father's wedding. It's the new family that comes with it." The brunette blurted out. There are no keeping secrets around Vincent, the guy is the reincarnation of Dumbledore, he knows everything. "What I do despise is what comes after. I'll have new stepsiblings, and worse, it'll be two Marauders. Besides... I'll be less important to my father than what I am now."

Vincent stared at him for a moment. He can't comfort the kid by way of saying he's wrong. Of course, Tyler's father had been neglectful. A child is not at fault if they would feel this way regardless of the parent's side of the story. Tyler's father had failed to be a father, now Tyler feels like he'll fail as a son.

"Well, you're pretty important to us here," Vincent says, but his warmth did not cheer Tyler up. Still, he optimistically smiled and says, "How about I take care of those recruitment forms, you go take a break."

"But Vince—"

"You're the Fraternity Treasurer, not my assistant." Vincent smiled warmly. "This is my job and you have no obligations to help me with it. Now go do something fun for once."

Not surprising how different of a President Vincent is to his brother. Kappa Aegis is in good hands, Tyler thought. Let's hope everyone appreciates the change in tone. Thanking the President, Tyler exited the office.

Passing by the 3rd floor of the Frat house, Tyler irked up at an open door. Him being a developing perfectionist grew annoyed at the only door that's not closed. It was the library, and the library has an AC that shouldn't be exposed outside.

Attempting to close the door, he noticed someone inside when several books were on the previously organized table.

"Hello? Who's there?" Especially on a Sunday... There was definitely someone there. And he was right, former Kappa Aegis member Xavier de Vera sat there with his feet up a table, making Tyler want to punch him in the nuts.

"What are you doing here?" He asked grumpily at the Marauder, poor excuse of a Harry Potter parody.

Xavier raised his head from reading a book and stared at Tyler with those dark green eyes, almost brown without natural sunlight. "What, I can't visit my second home?"

Tyler did not answer. He was right, Xavier has can't be kicked out. Being a Kappa Aegis alumni, he has the rights to access the frat house.

"I didn't get to congratulate you..." Xavier stood up, setting the book down gently. Tyler's eyes his every move, from the grazing of his fingers on the book bind to the stride of his feet across the floor. "...on being an Elite."

"An Elite?" Tyler has never heard of the word in his life.

"Oh, Vincent never told you? Tsk... I wouldn't be surprised, the guy hates hierarchy. You know, Elites. The President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Ace."