Chapter 4

Meanwhile..

"Xavier," Ryland called out to his brother from the doorway.

The dark-haired brother is unpacking his luggage and setting aside his clothes and surfboard for tomorrow. "What, you need me to iron your laundry or something?"

"Just talked to me about Kappa Aegis. He wants you to stay. Why'd you even leave?" Ryland said without emotion, as always. Xavier thinks his brother talks like a robot.

"You know why," Xavier sighed, giving Ryland a funny look. "I don't want to be under Vincent. He's still a.... you know, a kid."

"So is Jason," Ryland replied. "But you don't see him leaving." He didn't receive any answer as Xavier kept putting his clothes away on autopilot.

"I saw him being a pússy."

Ryland didn't buy into Xavier's inferiority complex. He was totally okay with being under Jason, which wasn't an Elite and is younger than him. But a brilliant man like Vincent comes and he chickens out?

Xavier stopped and turned to face his brother. "Stop looking at me like that, merda! I know you know everything, Dumbledore!"

"I do not know what you're talking about." Ryland blurted out before going over to a shelf with a few wine bottles.

"You have not known anything," Xavier said.

"I don't know how many idiots live in this world, or maybe it's just you." He picked up the Gin saying, "Do you mind?"

Xavier rolled his eyes. "Go ahead, drink your heart out. Are you done?"

"At the moment." Ryland stepped out of the room casually holding the Gin bottle. "Good luck, brother."

After Ryland left, Xavier stood there idle for a moment before also leaving his room. Just then, he witnessed an angry Tyler talking with his Dad downstairs, since the second floor overlooked the floor below. He almost felt bad for the kid. Almost. Yet he feels something entirely different.

The adrenaline of bullying someone made his heart pump in excitement. Especially if that someone was Tyler Wyner. But now, even when looking at the nerdiest kid he used to bully, he has that adrenaline. It's painful now. Somehow, he wants to reach out and take the boy under his palms. Surprisingly, it wasn't to crush him. It was to...

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Justin Levough's ID flashed on his phone. Xavier answered, "Yes?"

"Eyy! When's the wedding?"

"A month from now," Xavier answered, not taking his eyes away from Tyler who is now headed towards the stairs. Figuring that he might e headed to his bedroom, Xavier slipped into the opposite hallway. "Why are you asking, Justin? Didn't you see the invitation?"

"Oh, I saw it, alright..."

Xavier now knows what the mischievous Levough is talking about. "I... I guess I forgot then. Are you coming to the wedding?"

"Yep! You're slicing the cake!"

"Wait, right then and there? Shouldn't we wait for until Ryland takes it?"

"We are waiting. It's just a slice, X. You're just taking a slice."

Xavier stared down at where his mother tried cuddling with his new step-father. sighing, he steals a glance at Tyler's bedroom. "I'll take the slice."

He can definitely feel Justin smile at the other line. "Don't eat it."

The day after,