Chapter 17

Two weeks later,

Carvalle High School, their Alumni, had conducted a town-wide memorial for their great loss. It was a grand white-flower memorial as all of the students lighted their own candles in the darkness of the night. Kappa Aegis President Tyler Wyner had led the services, rightfully so.

The day after was the funeral. All of them were in the cemetery, awaiting the burial of two beloved individuals.

JASON FORD, JACE FORD

1996-2022

Ryland, along with Jax and Tyra, were the first ones to step forward and offer their flowers before they are lowered to the ground.

"You were one of the only people I've tolerated, Jason," Ryland said, doing his best to stay in character. Even though while thinking of their childhood together, it emotionally and physically hurts him. "At least... you both came and went together."

Jax on the other hand, completely broke down and cried so loudly that not even pressing himself to Ryland can make it any quieter.

"Can we keep him?" He hears Jace's first words he heard way back in kindergarten. His childhood friend... a brother...

"Shh, baby..." Ryland kissed him on the head.

"He was..." Jax sobbed. "The first person to ever show me kindness... he was my best friend... he is my best friend... he wanted to k-keep me... he was the only person back then who wanted--wanted me to live..."

It broke Ryland's heart. Tyra, in her white princess dress, patted her brother on the head. "Don't cry Jax, or I'll cry too..."

When Vincent stepped forwards with his cast, Tyler went with him. they both stared at the late siblings with so much love, and guilt. Vincent Levough stated, "Jace never once said he loves his brother. What hurts is that... Jason never got to see how Jace really loves him."

"I feel so numb, Vincent..." Tyler says. "But despite the numbness, it still hurt. We lost them because... because... "

"No matter who's at fault, and we know it's not yours, they sacrificed themselves for something. Jason did it to save little Theresa... Jace did it to save all of us."

It was true, since Victor could have finished off Justin and Ryland. He bought enough time for Victor to escape, but at least Victor escaped without anyone else dying.

It still hurts, Tyler thought. Vincent left with a sad smile. Tyler remained, but then Xavier stood by his side.

"Hey buddy," Xavier greeted Jason with a failed attempt of sounding happy. His voice was still huddled with pain, "I have... something special for you. You too, Tyler."

"What?" Tyler looked at where Xavier pulled out a little black pencil. It was an eyeliner. The same black pencil during Xavier's emo years.

"I want to bury this... so Tyler and I can start over. We won't forget the bullying, but well leave it behind us." Xavier sighed, throwing the pencil along with the flowers. "Thanks for giving that to me during middle school, Jason. You have been the closest to me."

Tyler leaned his head on his boyfriend's shoulders. He can't say they're truly happy, with this tragedy going on. Nonetheless, Tyler is still pretty thankful he and Xavier are together.