Chapter 7

The next morning,

The second Tyler came into consciousness, he sat up and grabbed his head attempting to crush it. "AHH! FÚCK! WHAT THE—AGH!"

A glass of water was placed on the bedside table. Tyler laid back on the bed trying to drown this hell of a migraine, noticing a dressed Xavier standing on the side of the bed.

"Agh....fúck," he groaned.

"I hope you won't drink Fire Whiskey anymore," Xavier says, sitting on the edge of Tyler's bed.

The pain on his forehead area and the back were too painful. "Why do they even make this drink...?!"

"It's not for little children like you."

Tyler doesn't even have the energy to kick Xavier off. Just like he doesn't have the energy to resist when Xavier placed a hand on his burning forehead. "It burns."

That statement triggered a deja vu in Tyler's mind. "Did you take care of me?"

"Well," Xavier chuckled. "I don't know about your Dad, but my Mom will kick my ass when I leave you to suffer, little brother."

Tyler grunted. "Just stop."

"Stop what? Worrying over you?" Xavier sighed, his hand caressing the side of Tyler's neck as if he's petting a puppy. "You don't know how my heart wants to jump out of my chest and maybe let it beat you up when you get drunk like that."

"Wow, very romantic..." Tyler groaned with sarcasm.

"You know who was romantic last night?"

Tyler peeked from his mini-pillow fort. His heart pounded, for a reason he wasn't aware of. "My fist and your face." With an unreadable expression, Tyler sat up with a visible wince. "I... I kind of remembered... everything, now."

Xavier stared at him, sipping a mug of coffee that previously sat on the table. His silence was unnerving for Tyler.

"Were you serious? Why'd you... how do you look at me?" Maybe you'll look at me the way I look at you! Tyler recalled clearly. It completely changed his view on the Marauder.

"Like a brother." Xavier sighed. "We were both drunk. Don't talk about anything last night, okay?"

The tense muscles relaxed, but the pit on his stomach increased depth. "Oh. Okay."

"If you need anything, just call me. I'll be in Ryland and I's room." Xavier turns around and walks away stiffly.

"Xavier--!"

The Marauder froze. Tyler's voice calling out to him... it crawled dangerously to his arousal. "Yes?"

Tyler panicked. Why did I call out?! It wasn't intentional! What--why?! "Painkillers. Please?"

"I'll have Ryland bring it over." Just like that, Xavier exited the room.

Tyler held his chest, his heart beating erratically though not enough to kill him. He took deep breaths, unable to admit to himself that this adrenaline has anything to do with Xavier. He couldn't wrap his head around what happened last night.