book two ❧ [i]

BOOK TWO

"Shh, shh, it's okay, Sung." You wrapped your arms around your boyfriend, holding him close with no hesitation, even as his own arms were much slower to react. But once they did, he pulled you to him with a nearly crushing force, a strength that could all but make you forget that he was only half-werewolf.

Tonight, he'd let you stay with him for one of his shifts. It was exactly because he was half-werewolf that he'd even considered it in the first place, his shifts were much less intense than full werewolves, generally less violent and possibly dangerous for anybody who happened to be around him. He'd described it to you after the last full moon, that it was more just sort of painful, confusing, and sometimes sort of like when drunk-you left problems for sober-you, like drunk-dialing people or spending too much money online. Except in his case, werewolf-him generally destroyed smaller pieces of property like school notes or clothes. When he said that he always asked Shotaro to leave the night of the full moon, you asked if you could be with him the next time. It sounded terrible to have to do that alone every month. And to your surprise, he'd only responded with a weak 'please?'

So when you'd arrived this afternoon, you'd taken everything out of his room that you feasibly could that he didn't want to chew up: his bookbag, textbooks, nice sneakers, photo albums, laptop, etc. And then you'd locked the door, and stayed with him.

Now he was coming out of it—a glance at his bedside clock that had been knocked out of place but was otherwise fine told you that it was almost three in the morning. You cradled the back of his fully-human-again head, not minding the matted, damp hair.

"I'm right here," you reminded him. "I didn't go anywhere. I'm not going anywhere."

You felt him shudder as he let out what sounded like a whine of pain. It made you worried about him staying up on his own two feet. "Sung? Do you need to lay down?"

He didn't answer, and you realized he might not be back at the point where he could speak yet. Before you could finish weighing your options of attempting to drag the 186cm still partially-shifted half-werewolf to his bed by yourself, he'd buried his face in your neck, opened his mouth, and was resting his set of sharp canines against the curve of where your neck met your shoulder.

You breathed in through your nose, hand still on his head as he just... waited. For what, you couldn't say. He was still whining softly, though now there was a slight undertone of need cutting through the pain you'd heard earlier.

Your hand was still resting on his head, and you gently pulled him closer, feeling the dull pressure of his teeth against your skin. "It's okay, Sung. Whatever you need. I trust you."

Finally, he closed his jaw. But it wasn't a bite at all, it was more like a toddler teething on something cold to soothe their aching gums while their new teeth grew in. It didn't hurt; he certainly wasn't breaking skin, and you doubted that any marks would be left. The worst damage would be slobber, you were sure. If anything, it just... tickled. Suppressing a giggle at the feeling, you stroked his hair affectionately.

"There you go, Sung. There you go..." You murmured quietly. "It's okay. Everything's okay. You're okay, baby..."

"Bite..." He finally let out a grunt that sounded akin to a real word.

"What? What was that?" You tried to pull your head back to be able to look him in the face, but he didn't want to detach from you in the slightest, his whines becoming less pained and more pathetic. Giving up on the task, you shook your head just a little, "Never mind, sorry. But what were you saying, Sung? Something about biting? You didn't chew anything up this time, actually. We kept you in check pretty well. Your wallet will thank us, I'm sure."