book two ❧ [vii]

"Sung?" You called out into the seemingly empty apartment as you turned to close and lock the front door up. "I'm— oof!"

You were knocked off kilter by 186cm of werewolf, barely catching yourself against the door on your forearms to avoid bonking your forehead into it. Sungchan had his arms wrapped around your waist, already nosing around your hair and neck.

"Hi..." Sungchan said against your cheek, his tone apologetic. He got too excited, he didn't mean to almost KO you like that.

Slowly, you reached over to finish flicking the deadbolt into the locked position. Then, you blindly stretched a hand back to pat him on the head. "Hey, hey." You kept your voice calm and soothing.

He was getting down to the collar of the shirt you were wearing—one of his t-shirts, and you could feel him shifting to hold you tighter. He'd definitely noticed something was off.

"You know, I'm really sorry, Sung," you began, turning your tone mournful and looking down at the wet patch on the front of your shirt. "I know this is your shirt, I feel really bad about this, but I spilled water on myself while I was out. Do you think I can throw this one in your wash here and borrow a new one?"

He immediately perked up at this, "Yeah, of course!"

You smiled. "Thanks."

Success.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

After your dinner and night out together in downtown, you ended up back in Sungchan's room, fitted in your new crewneck sweater—this one for a concert he'd gone to last year. You were reclined between his legs against his chest as you half-watched him game, half-scrolled on your phone, and half-snoozed. You'd been playing the game in multi-player mode with him earlier but put your controller aside some time ago when you'd let out a couple loud yawns. Ruminating thoughts of your conversation with Jeno had kept you from fully falling asleep, though.

"Sung?" You waited for a pause on a loading screen to call for his attention.

"Mm?" He hummed back to let you know he was listening, even as the new map loaded in. He hadn't moved his character yet, fingers frozen as they hovered over the buttons.

"Can we talk for a second?"

"Of course." Your boyfriend quickly saved and exited the game, setting the controller beside yours on the nightstand.

He wrapped his arms around your waist to pull you tighter to him, resting his chin on your shoulder as he waited attentively for you to start with whatever you needed to talk about. You could hear him take a pause to sniff the air around you, and a small, disgruntled sound came from the back of his throat almost immediately.

"Face-to-face?" You requested quietly.

"Right, sorry."

He loosened his arms, reluctantly letting them fall from around you.

Pushing yourself up off his legs into a full sitting position, you turned around in place, still finding yourself between his thighs. He straightened up a little bit from his spot against the headboard.

You reached out to take his hands in yours. "This is something that really stresses you out, isn't it? The smells?"

"It's... I can't put my finger on it. It's like..." He took one of his hands back to run his fingers through his hair, and your chest hurt to see the distress on his features. "Imagine being able to constantly see something right in the corner of your eye, but when you turn your head, you can't actually look at it. You know it's there, but you can never actually get a proper look. Humans never know it's there, and werewolves get to look at it head-on. But I don't get either. It's terrible."