7

(I ate a bowl of cold spaghetti and drank some gatorade so I have more motivation🤩 )

Finney's POV

I put on a plain black shirt and white cargo pants with a baggy sweater. It wasn't much, but it will do. "Alright, I'm heading out Gwen." I said. She looked up from her plate of food. "Bye Finney." She called. I headed out the front door and walked down the sidewalk. I was kind of nervous that Robin would say something. He must know that I like him, right? And in front of our entire grade? I hope I don't do something stupid, god that would be embarrassing. I approached Bruce's house and as I walked up to the door I could hear the music playing from inside. I knocked and Bruce opened the door. "Hey Finney, glad you could make it!" he said. I stepped inside and walked through the crowded house. It smelled of alcohol and weed. I went into the kitchen where I saw Griffin being cheered on. He was taking shot after shot and everyone was surrounding him. I saw Billy and Vance standing nearby. Billy was shaking his head as he looked at Griffin. "Hey guys." I said. "Hey!" Vance replied. "Have you seen Robin?" I asked. I made up my mind to tell him I liked him. He probably knows already, so why not? "I don't think he's here yet." Billy said. "But you could have a drink or two while you wait." I looked over at the table full of drinks. I suppose I could have a few. 

Robin's POV

I entered the party, hoping to find Finn. I think I'm going to talk with him and confess. He must have gotten the hint already. I walked through the house and came into the kitchen. Finney was sitting on the counter with a drink in his hand. I sat down next to him. I was nervous as fuck. I should probably just talk with him first, not start out with an "I love you." "Hey Finn" I said. "Hey Robin." he replied, he seemed stressed. He got off the counter and poured another drink. "You alright?" I asked. "Uhhh- yeah." he replied. He kept trying to not look at me. Did I do something wrong? Did Vance tell him?

Finney's POV

I'm already backing out of it. I prepared myself for nothing. I just can't, I don't want him to hate me. He is my friend, I shouldn't try to be more than that. I can't even look him in the eye without feeling queasy. I just kept ignoring him and getting drink after drink. He eventually stopped trying to start a conversation. I felt kind of bad, but I still tried to distance myself from him or he will find out. Why am I so paranoid? "Why are you ignoring me Finn?" He asked. Goddamnit. I feel really bad now. I gave him a sad look and tried to walk away. I squeezed through the crowds of people and ran upstairs. I could hear him calling my name from somewhere behind me. I shut myself in the bathroom and slumped to the floor crying. Why did I do this? I hurt him for no reason. 

Robin's POV

Fuck. I made Finn upset. He shut himself in the bathroom and I think I can hear him crying. I am a dumbass. He must have found out somehow, I must have been too obvious. I knocked on the door. "You okay Finn? I'm sorry if I made you upset." I said. I could hear him stop crying for a moment and he went silent.  "Just come in." Finney said, his voice shaking. I reluctantly opened the door and saw him sitting against the wall. I sat down next to him and looked at him. "What's wrong?" I asked, gently putting my arm around his shoulder. he leaned his head against me and started crying again. I felt really bad. "It's not you Robin, It's me." he said in a quiet voice. I pulled him into a hug. "Don't tell me unless you want to." I said in a quiet tone, putting my arms around him. He wiped his tears and sat up straight again. "I'm going to talk with Bruce." he said, standing up and walking out of the bathroom. 

Finney's POV

This was humiliating. I looked so dumb, and now he think its his fault. I am a dumbass. I found Bruce in the living room. "Hey Finney!" he said. "I need to talk with you, about something important." I said, I felt kind of nervous. "Sure! Let's talk in the basement, it should be empty." Bruce replied. We walked down to the basement and sat down on the couch. "What did you need to tell me?" Bruce asked, he sounded concerned. "Well, I like someone." I sighed. "I think you already know who." Bruce smirked at me. "Robin?" he asked. I blushed a bit. "Yeah." I admitted. "I was planning on telling him tonight, but I chickened out and now I look stupid." I said. "Hey, it's okay." Bruce said, resting his hand on my shoulder. "I embarrassed myself in front of him, how could it be okay?" I asked, my voice cracking a bit. I don't want to cry again, but I can feel the tears in the corner of my eyes. "Maybe getting a few drinks would make you feel better?" bruce said. I nodded and we walked back up the stairs. 

 (Sorry if this chapter is bad! I haven't been feeling well so yeah 🥲 Anyways I hope yall enjoyed this btw sorry for the cringe I just wrote this for fun so yeah 🤪)

951 words 🤓