Chapter 9.

"We are being attacked?!"

I repeat back to her

"By whom?!"

I said without thinking.

"The Capitol, "

she said instantly looking up at the ceiling

"Who else is there?"

I instantly reacted as I thought about the hovercraft that passed by when Miles and I were passing through the clearing a few days ago.

"Miles."

I said instantly as I began to worry. Did he make it back safely before the trembling occurred? Did anyone see him? I looked at Alma as the trembles slowly came to a stop.

"We haven't had those in a while." 

She said looking back at me as I couldn't hide was I feeling at that moment

"It's all because of me, isn't it?"

I said as I word vomit.

"They're attacking because they know I'm in here, and they are seeking revenge."

She instantly made a face as she responded back with

"What would the Capitol want with a songbird?"

I said nothing at first as I slowly made my way to her in defeat as I slumped down on the bed right beside her

"I could only think of two possible reasons why they're here."

I stated as I looked at the ground, ashamed avoiding her eyes

"Number 1 being that they're here seeking revenge for what happened to the Major daughter."

"Number 2 being the most obvious choice of them all is that he knows I'm here."

I said as I finally looked back at her with fear and terror in my eyes, anxious of what she was about to say next.

She opened her mouth slightly, trying to make sense of everything and said.

"What happened to the major daughter, and who is that person you're referring to that knows that you're here?"

I looked deep into her eyes as she instantly read me like a book.

"Whatever you have to say will stay here in this room. I won't tell anyone unless you ever wanted me to."

I slowly shook my head to her, as it felt good to finally release this burden I had been carrying since the moment my name was called out for the reaping.

"I wasn't picked at random."

I said as her eyes widened.

"The major daughter and I happen to be dating the same person. We both found out and I left, but the person kept insisting, making her hate me even more."