Chapter 17.

"A baby boy?"

I said happily looking down at him as I went down to his head, kissing him and smelling him.

No words could describe how I felt at that very moment. Despite everything that had happened to me being selected for the games and Coriolanus Snow, it all made the experience worth it by giving me a son.

"What are you going to name it?"

Miles said curiously.

"Lucas Fisher."

I smiled to him weakly

"Lucas is Coriolanus and I both names combined."

"Also because Lucas stands for "bringer of light."

"And God knows that is precisely what we need right now."

I said, looking up at him

"What we need right now?"

He repeated back to me as he couldn't contain his smile any more than I could.

"Did I hear that part right?"

"You heard that part, but didn't hear the part that I gave him your last name, Fisher?"

He shook his head amazed as he carefully yet firmly held onto my hand

"Does this mean.."

"It means exactly what you're insinuating."

I said as I broke into a smile as my eyes quickly softened looking back at him

He couldn't contain himself any longer as he quickly stole a long kiss from me

"I promise on everything that I've worked so hard for that has led me to this day to you.."

I will keep you and Lucas safe from harm."

He said, still holding on to my hand, grasping every little detail.

"You're my family now."

I smile to him curiously, as I couldn't imagine myself saying it to anyone else

"
"You're my family now too."

5 years have passed since this moment in time as the dreadful Hunger Games continues. I have watched every reaping and games since my own. Seeing tributes and victors win or die. I memorized each and every one of their faces and names.

Such as Mags Flanagan, who won after me in the 11th Hunger Games. There were talks amongst the people that there was a new president of Panem. What the spies had gathered was that the next candidate to the presidency inherited a fortune and was previously involved with the making of the games.

Others had said that the candidate poisoned their way up to power to get into position, leading them to be the only potential candidate left to overrule the state of Pamen. Regardless, to both theories that had arisen. It had led me to one simple conclusion about whom the next president of Panem was going to be.