Chapter 10.

I woke up frantic as I saw the faces of those who had drastically parish in the arena and for those new faceless tributes who remained nameless until next year on the Fourth of July morning reaping.. I turned to my side to see Miles sitting next to me fast asleep holding my hand.

I couldn't help, but simply smile at the thought of Miles staying over the night here, watching over me. I slowly sat myself up from the hospital bed as Miles quickly reacted to my movements.

"You're awake."

He said as he quickly turned his attention to me, still holding on to my hand.

"How long have I been out?"

I said, readjusting myself to the scenery staring down at my heart monitor.

"You've been out cold for a good couple of days."

He said, unsure of himself.

"I've been sleeping here keeping you company as well as coming on my break ever since to make sure you're okay."

"Has the doctor said anything yet about what had happened to me?"

I said as he lost his color.

"He thought I was your spouse at first."

He smirked briefly at the thought, then grew tense by the minute.

"I was told that you fainted due to the amount of stress levels you were having at the moment, and because you are a couple of weeks pregnant.."

"What?"

I said as my eyes instantly widened as I was back again in a state of shock.

"I'm pregnant??"

I said as I had my mouth slightly open as he slowly let go of my hand.

"Congratulations."

He said to me softly, avoiding eye contact. I looked at him in awe as I didn't know what to say to him.

"Miles.."

I said softly on the verge of bursting into tears as I reached for his hand.

"Don't."

He said as he flexed his jaw, giving me the cold shoulder.

"You don't owe me an explanation."

He said to me firmly with hurt in his eyes.

"Nor do you owe me anything in that matter."

He said, getting up from his chair as the doctors came in to check on me. After they finished quickly examining me, I went back to my headquarters, closing the door behind me bursting out crying.

"Lucy is that you?"

Alma quickly said as she embraced me tightly with a well-needed hug.

"I heard what happened when I was on duty, Miles told me everything. I tried to visit you on my break, but the doctors wouldn't allow me. Too many visitors."