Chapter 20.

Miles and I had taken shelter the previous night as we began to reaccustomed ourselves to our old habits of living in the outdoors, not depending on anyone else apart from our own. It was the best feeling in the world if I'm being completely honest with myself. Not having to depend on anyone and to live your life according to what you desire or aspire it to be.

I slowly lay my head on Miles' shoulders as he held both Lucas and me equally. Lucas was fast asleep in my arms, wrapped around his blanket I had once embroidered for him before he was even born. I embroidered his blankets with lively colors that sort of resemble my rainbow dress.

I wanted it to be lively with colors despite the gender of the baby. Not only that, but I wanted it to resemble or have a part of me in some way. After all, Lucas is looking more and more appearance wise like Coriolanus every day. Not that really matters in any way whatsoever.

But I just hope and pray that his personality would be more like mine instead of his father. A free yet determined, lively, bubbly gentle spirit like his mother.

I decided to put my focus on the radios in making sure they were working accordingly. Especially when I had everybody looking for me.

And I do mean everybody.

The governor of twelve

Alma Coin

And Coriolanus Snow with his many minions, who now is in control of everything.

Morning came along rather quickly as I woke up to the sounds of the jabberjays humming a random tune they must've picked up from somewhere.

"Oft I had head of Lucy Gray"

"And, when I crossed the wild,"

"I chanced to see at break of day"

"The solitary child."

I slowly began to sing to myself as a group of jabberjays began to sit on top of the trees branches quietly listening in as they watched me sing

"No mate, no comrade Lucy knew;"

"She dwelt where none abide,"

"- The sweetest thing that ever grew"

"Upon the mountainside!"

"You yet may spy the fawn at play"

"The hate among the green;"

"But the sweet face of Lucy Gray"

"Will never more be seen."

I ended the song there as the jabberjays quickly picked up the tune, spreading it amongst the trees. Miles slowly gets up, hearing the sound of the jabberjays mimicking my song. He smiled at me amazed as Lucas did as well since it was his first time seeing wildlife and something besides the dark dingy gray walls of Distinct 13.

"MaMa BiRdS!"

Lucas said innocently pointing up to the trees showing both Miles and I the jabberjays as they took off along with the song.