Chapter 21.

I grabbed the rose from Lucas, thanking him, holding on to him, and kissing him slowly on the forehead. I turned to Miles as I got up, standing right beside him.

"The white roses."

He said slightly, changing his words and demeanor all together

"They're from him, aren't they?"

I shook my head silently to him as he quickly swallowed his words and pride, leaving me more speechless than I already am

"He must've known I would come back here at twelve to check on the convoy."

"Or this place."

He added stating the obvious.

"Miles I-"

"Do you still love him?"

I turned to look at him as my eyes began to glisten softly to the words that came out of his mouth

"He's the father of my child.."

I said trying to put what I was thinking and feeling into words.

"And you still have feelings for him."

"Miles, that's not what I said."

I said abruptly, trying to hide the pain from my voice

"You don't need to say it."

He said to me softly, almost like in a whisper as his eyes immediately saddened.

"It's written all over your face."

He said abruptly as he took a deep breath, trying to brush the situation off like it was nothing.

"I'm go in and start a fire, seeing what exactly we got to work with."

He said, letting me be as he entered the cabin alone, leaving both Lucas and I to ourselves. I turned over to Lucas, as he was still very much fascinated with the white scenery of the roses that stood before him. Almost as if the roses were welcoming him, worshiping him. Opening and greeting him to a whole different world and perspective of life.

I stood there aimlessly as I began to shield myself away from the pain. From my past to my very present. To say and mention the truth, people say whether we want to accept it not.

I'm not going to stand here and deny myself with what he had just said to me. I still in my heart will always care and have love for him. Despite him trying to kill me here in these very woods. Both Coriolanus and I had each other's backs and even went out of our way to protect each other no matter the cost.

Some may say he was born evil and selfish from the start, but I refuse to believe so. He was wrongly influenced and affected by the world around him that made him the exact people he is today. Deep down, I felt and knew in my heart that I've met the real, flawed pristine Coriolanus Snow.

The feelings that we initially had were real.

And no one, and I mean absolutely no one, could convince me otherwise.