Chapter 22.

Time had gone by as so many crucial events had occurred. Since our arrival to the cabin, our lives took a dramatic turn for the better. Not dealing with unnecessary stress or baggage that both Coriolanus and Alma had inflicted onto my life since meeting them, as well as the governor from District twelve.

Miles and I have been better than ever since our latest issues and differences from the past; burying it, never speaking or mentioning it again. We both aged quite graciously as well. Miles grew a beard and let his luscious curls grow out quite a bit since I first met him.

 Miles grew a beard and let his luscious curls grow out quite a bit since I first met him

Lucas had grown quite a bit as well. We were now in the 39th Hunger Games, making him 28 now. Beetee Latier won those games as well as many others throughout the years. I still would have some sort of PTSD from the games, as either Lucas or Miles comforts me.

Lucas has become the man I knew in my heart he would grow up to be. He may have carried his father's looks and charms, but he was nothing like him whatsoever. He was a perfect mixture of Miles and I put together. More so than ever, around the same time we first moved into the cabin later down the road, I found out I was yet pregnant again.

When Miles found out about the pregnancy, he was both in a state of shock and ecstatic with the news. He took great care of both Lucas and me throughout my pregnancy. The time eventually came when I gave birth again. Only this time around, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Mia.

Mia Fisher.

She took after Miles and me perfectly.

Miles would always tell me that she had my eyes.

Lucas was at first jealous of the news of a possible sibling. He would at times whine and pout until eventually, he gave in to the thought that he would potentially be the oldest. He would always lay on my belly listening to its heartbeat and feel for any sort of movements.

Ever since Mia was born, both Lucas and her became inseparable. Miles, over time had shown Lucas how to hunt and knew his way around the woods.

We would venture up north to the districts time after time, as we couldn't stay at the cabin for long due to obvious reasons. We would pick a different district every time and come up with a different story or narrative to why we're new to the district or why we're here.

It was best this way due to our current and long-term circumstances of always having to be on the run.

Thanks to the cleverness and determination of Coriolanus Snow in making sure of getting rid of any sort of evidence that was related to the 10th Hunger Games.

To my hunger games, at that.

It made it simpler and easier for me to blend in amongst the crowd. It was just like the song I used to sing about Lucy Gray. Like the song, I was a sweet face that will never be seen. I was in the trees, just like I was in the breeze. My footsteps were on the ground. I was here and there I was everywhere where neither Coriolanus nor or Alma could catch me now, not now, not ever.

As far as both Coriolanus and Alma. The latest I know about Coriolanus Snow was that eventually down the road after his presidency, he married one of his former colleagues named Julia Pompey. Just like Coriolanus, she participated in the 10th annual Hunger Games.

 I also found out that further down that road that he as well as myself had a kid on his own

I also found out that further down that road that he as well as myself had a kid on his own. Another boy, to be exact. Not that it matters that much to me, but I know it kind of affected Lucas in a way. Since he was little, he was a smart yet determined kid.

I knew that he would eventually come up to me and ask me who his real father was. Especially when Mia was born. How he was pale with blonde curly hair with big beautiful ocean eyes, unlike his sister who was tan with black luscious curly hair with light yet generous brown eyes.

I would remember on one occasion that we were in District 4, and we were watching the 17th annual Hunger Games when we saw Coriolanus Snow live on television. Lucas was in awe as he was watching the man on the television calling him Dada.

It took me by surprise as it also saddened me at the same time, as both Miles and I knew the truth. Eventually, when he was much older, we both sat him down as we both told him the truth. It obviously affected him as well as he also understands the entire circumstance.

With us having to be constantly on the move, both Miles and I didn't have to worry about dealing with our kids being reaped in the hunger games since as they weren't in the system. We would automatically flee when the time came. We would eventually step foot inside District twelve to find the simplicity gone as it looked more formal.

By stepping foot in twelve, I eventually found out the mayor had been replaced with someone else. Which made complete sense with how Coriolanus Snow wanted to eliminate everything related to his past. Which made me automatically think about the covey.

I went back to where I knew I could find them to only come short. I'm not sure whether it was because of me, in particular or Coriolanus that made them either flee or disappear altogether, whether they're dead or moved to a whole different district.

As for District 13;

It came to no surprise that Alma Coin took over as president as soon as the next year since we left there.

She was hungry and thirsty for power, so when her father came to me telling me to leave District 13 it didn't come as much of a surprise as to why it needed to be done

She was hungry and thirsty for power, so when her father came to me telling me to leave District 13 it didn't come as much of a surprise as to why it needed to be done. She had made a name for herself down there and had everyone calling her only by her last name.

From what I could tell by listening into their conversation was that they still had people all around the Districts and Capitol getting intel, just as I knew they would. Everything I've suggested to Coin in the past; she is fulfilling and twisting it to her  comfort and advantage.

Whether I would've stayed in District 13 or lingered around in District 12 and the cabin itself. It is safe to say that I can't shield my kids forever. They are growing up fast and sooner than later, they're going to want to settle down in a particular spot and accommodate friendships or relationships.

The question will be is when and where that would take place and if I'm ready for it to take place when the time does eventually come.