Chapter 29.

"What?"

Both of my children said as they looked at me dumbfounded

"You can't be serious?"

Mia said to me as her eyes began to glisten in the midst of darkness.

"It has to be this way."

I said as I tried to explain myself

"We need to go and find out what really happened in the games and what follows after that."

"But we already know what happened in the games"

Lucas said instantly

"Lucas is right, mom."

Mia said as she agrees

"They bomb District 12 to the ground for the solo purpose of what Katniss did in the arena."

"And you guys are both right."

I said instantly

"But we have to do this."

I said, turning to Miles for support

He too had agreed as he shook his head in silence.

"We should be back home soon hopefully"

"If you were to need anything, you know how to reach us."

He said ended the conversation there as he hugged both of them tightly, giving a kiss on Mia's forehead as he did when she was a little girl as well as patting Lucas in the back firmly in reassurance.

I did the same as I turned over to Miles as we both looked at our children once more before we headed out, heading directly to District 12, leading us to 13, where we will find out the actual truth in regard to what is really going on within the entire Districts and the city of Panen or what left of it at least.

We slowly, but surely made our way over to 12, arriving days later around the time Katniss first stepped foot across 12 since the bombs, without us knowing that she was both alive and well.

District 12 was the same exact resemblance of 13 or much worse as it had no life or meaning, no purpose.

Just a lot of rubble and ashes