Chapter 18.

"I'm sorry you lost me."

I said to him all confused

He slightly opened his mouth briefly as he quickly stopped himself as someone walked past us. He smiled at the person as he waited to make sure we were left alone. Furthermore, he slowly opened the door and gestured for me to get inside.

Without questioning him any further, I went along and entered the room. I slowly turned to him as he came inside, closing the door behind him, turning to face me.

"I have a very strong feeling inside me that things are going to take a turn for the worse."

"How so?"

I said instantly.

"We had predicted this outcome."

"Yes we have, but not this.."

He said as he turned on the monitor, showing me the face of the missing. There were numerous of faces filling up the screen as potentially missing or dead.

"So as you can see Lucy Gray, we're probably next in line on that list."

I instantly turned to him in dismay as I couldn't comprehend what he just said

"We?"

"Yes."

He instantly said.

"If not for you, then do it for the sake of your loved ones."

He said ending the sentence.

I was unable to wrap the idea in my head that yet again my life was put in danger. Especially when I had no parts or faults to it.

"What would you recommend for me to do?"

I said to him puzzled.

"Leave District 13 for a while or-"

"For good."

I said finishing his sentence.

"It's your choice."

"It's your daughter, isn't it?"

I said quickly interjecting him.

"Your daughter is behind all of this."

He said nothing at first, as his eyes did most of the talking for him

"That obviously, huh?"

He mumbled quietly to himself.

"Was she involved in the.."

He instantly shook his head as his eyes quickly saddened to an old core memory that had been very well hidden that suddenly and unexpectedly unlocked and unraveled the truth behind those tears that followed along shortly.

"Many of the people here in 13, such as yourself may think she is older due to the fact of how mature she is for her age."

He slowly protested as he continued.