Chapter 11.

I told Alma that Snow was somehow involved with the bombings, as well as the gut feeling I had that he knew that I was alive and had escaped to District 13.

"So what now?" 

I said, turning to her seeking validation in regard to what I just told her.

"We'll fight back."

She said instantly.

"But how though?"

I said puzzled.

"We don't have the right resources or the manpower to do anything at the magnitude we need it to be.."

"Leave that to me."

She stated with so much certainty.

I said nothing at first, as I was baffled by her response. Alma and I had gotten closer these past couple of months, but when it came down to her dictatorship and determination to being the next president of District 13 or of Panem.. It scares me. The looks she gives every time when she speaks about the cause is concerning. It's like she is capable of anything when it comes down to securing her spot on the throne..

Like Coriolanus Snow.

"Have you ever thought of reaching out to him?"

Alma quickly interjects.

"To who Miles?"

I said instantly, as if she didn't already know the status between Miles and me.

"If I'm being completely honest with you, I don't know where Miles and I currently stand.. He looked really upset and betrayed about the news that I don't see him reaching out to me anytime soon."

"No, Lucy Gray."

She said as she chuckled slowly to herself.

"Coriolanus Snow. Will you ever contact him letting him know you're carrying his unborn child?"

"No."

I said instantly in dismay, placing my hand on my belly as if I were protecting it.

"Are you crazy ?!"

I said bluntly.

"Have you forgotten how I got here in the first place?!"

"No, I haven't forgotten."

She said, as her face remained neutral.

"But if you really think about it.. Despite what happened between the two of you in those woods...If he were to know that you're actually carrying his unborn child, he might consider pardoning you and the baby and things could end differently for the two of you."

I let those words sink in as I thought about the day in the woods

"I think there's a natural goodness born into us all."

I said as snow instantly scoffs off to my comment

"No really. You can either cross that line into evil or not."

"And it's our life's work to stay on the right side of that line

"And it's our life's work to stay on the right side of that line."

As I continued to reminisce about the past Sejanus came to mind. The noose tightly wrapped around his neck as he called out for his Ma.. Coriolanus already knew what was going to happen to his friend. Everyone knew, including myself. Sejanus was from the District. He was a kind soul who was trapped inside his head.

He had the right ideas about how the games should come to an end and everything that the Capitol does to set the District apart and against one another, it's inhuman. But the way Sejanus was going about things.. Was and is his greatest downfall. He had the resources to do some good, but his mind didn't let him be at ease.

His spiral slowly started at the reaping when he found out who his tribute was going to be during the games. When I found out about Coriolanus entering the arena after dark trying to get Sejanus out, dragging Marcus' lifeless body right along with them to the exit of the arena and killing Bobbin in the process.. I was able to see past that. Even with what had happened with Madge.

Sejanus was lost at sea, getting himself involved with the rebels; causing Coriolanus to fire the shot, getting both Madge and Billy Taupe killed, silencing and protecting everyone in the process. As I stated before, everyone with eyes that can see knew Sejanus was a loose cannon. Death was near him, all around and at his door.

But for Coriolanus to make that decision on his own and kill him to save his own skin? And not to mention that he lied to me about it in the woods when the words slipped out from his mouth that he stated that he had murdered three.. Told me everything that I needed to know about Snow. He isn't capable of love nor trust. Which is why I fled and ended up in District 13.

As much as I want to reason with Alma and see things from her perspective.. Coriolanus, already knowing that I was alive and well, making the hairs on my back stand upright. More so now than ever that he is determined to get rid of me at all cost. I can only imagine what he would do to me if he ever found out I was pregnant with his baby.

I slowly looked up at Alma as she already had her eyes set on me with her eyes set ablaze. Called it mother instinct or mother intention as I spoke up, making my decision as clear as day.

"What do we have to do to put an end to Coriolanus Snow?"