Chapter 6- Y-Y-Yes...

Marinette's POV

My legs refuse to move as I gape open-mouthed at Luka. Luka touches the back of his neck, his smile looking more like a grimace.

"So... that is a yes?" The sentence sounds more like a statement than a question.

Heat rushes into my cheeks, my eyes look down as my voice reduces to five times its usual noise.

"Y-Y-Yes i-i-it i-i-is a-a y-y-y-y-yes." I say. I internally scream. Why does my voice change when I'm talking to him? And why did I repeat the word 'yes' twice?!

"Sorry? What did you say?" Luka asks bluntly, embarrassing me even more.

"I s-said y-yes," I reply, shoulders shrinking. This isn't what I imagined saying yes to my future husband would be. I had pictured him asking me to be his girlfriend on a moonlit night... with candles that change color and the slightly sweet scent of the breeze. Not on a random afternoon day and me stuttering. I sigh. Things weren't going to plan today.

Luka nods and walks away, calling out. "See you tomorrow Marinette."

I am left there, stunned. Is that it? I would have expected some sort of romantic gesture. Maybe even a kiss...

I shrug my concerns away. He was probably as nervous as I am. I merrily skip back to the bakery, meticulously planning my outfit, hair, and lunch tomorrow.

"Marinette... That's the fifth macaroon you've made. They're all the same, why do you keep making them?" My dad calls out to me. I take out the tray containing my fifth macaroon and inspect it. I sigh when I spot a single almond out of place.

Putting in the next tray, I crush the remaining macaroons into fine powder. My dad would use the crumbs to decorate one of the many cakes that we sold.

The oven makes a beeping sound. Overjoyed, I pull out the tray to look at my sixth macaroon pieces, satisfied when there are no lumps. I pull out my piping bag and carefully squeeze the icing. Just one more bit left... NO! The icing overflows and the macaroon is now asymmetrical. I groan as I crush the macaroon and work on my seventh attempt.

When the macaroon is perfected I trudge up to my room, holding the macaroon like it contains the world's knowledge.

20 minutes later my room is overflowed with all my clothes, and I attempt to sift through the mess. What should I wear? What type of clothing does Luka like? Casual? Chic? Revealing? I panic as I realize I don't have any dresses in my closet! I was sure that Luka liked girls with dresses. I even caught him staring at Chloe, the school bully, at one point because she turned up to school in a yellow number.

I had no time to go out and buy a dress. That's ok, I'll just have to make one.I had four hours to make and sew it... I couldn't achieve it alone.

I frantically rush downstairs to find my phone as my parents are waving goodbye to the final customers of the day. I press call to Alya's number, praying she isn't making out with Kim at the moment. After 30 seconds of painful wait, she finally picks up. I scream in relief.

"ALYA COME HERE RIGHT NOW. LUKA ASKED ME OUT AND I NEED THE PERFECT DRESS TOMORROW AND I CAN'T MAKE IT ON MY OWN." I scream. Alya laughs. "I'll be there in 5 minutes girl!"

"You better be," I mumble as I dash up the stairs to find the right fabric.

After four hours, twenty pinpricks, three torn fabrics, and a perfect dress later I and Alya finally collapsed in relief. It was nearly 10 pm. I had designed a simple minidress with my signature flower design with small white polka dots all over. It had short puffy sleeves with lace and the dress was cut over the knee.

"Thanks for all your help, Alya!" I say gratefully. She waves goodbye and leaves for home. I sigh, hoping tomorrow that I will have enough time to do my hair and God forbid... makeup.

I sent a prayer to the Miraculous Gods to not activate my clumsiness tomorrow. I could not afford to bruise my face.