Chapter 33- Just Friends

Marinette's POV

Marinette: Adrien, please, I can explain!

Marinette: It's not what it looks like!

Marinette: I'm sorry Adrien, just please answer me!

Marinette: I didn't know you would arrive so early, please Adrien!

Marinette: Don't leave me on delivered!

Marinette: Adrien please, I just need you back

Marinette: Just answer me Adrien...

Marinette: Please.

He hasn't read my messages at all.

Marinette: Just reply Adrien!

Marinette: Let us talk it out! Can't we just have a simple conversation?

Marinette: Please Adrien! I can explain-

Marinette: Just talk to me!

I don't have any other words to say. Three days have passed since that day I almost kissed Luka. Every other hour I'm spamming him, hoping he'll reply in some way.

Hi! This is Adrien's voicemail, please leave a message!

"Adrien please, I can explain about the whole incident. Just call me back or, do something so we can talk. It's been two weeks Adrien...I..."

What do I say to him? How can I even explain what he saw? Why do I even care?

"...Just call me back. Please."

My finger ends the recording and sends it. Why do I care about his feelings? Why didn't I just continue to kiss Luka that day? Why is my heart still lingering on him?

The recording sends and I'm redirected to my contacts screen. Luka has been sending me his fair share of messages too, though I'm too focused on Adrien to read them all.

I open his chat and briefly scroll through his messages. It's the usual thing.

Luka: Mari? Are you okay? Why'd you run away in the middle of our kiss?

Luka: Mari! Why aren't you replying?

Luka: I don't know if you're going to read this but here's what you should wear at school tomorrow:

Luka: Are talking to anyone? If you are stop talking to them

Luka: MARIONETTE ANSWER ME

I flinch at the use of my other nickname. My hands quickly find the keyboard and type up a response.

Marinette: I'm so sorry Luka! I'll try to explain everything as soon as possible. Don't worry, I'll wear the outfit you sent me to school tomorrow. I'm not talking to anyone either. I love you, bye!

I hastily send the text and hope it's good enough for Luka.

Technically I was talking to Adrien but he wasn't replying, so I wasn't actually talking to him was I? You need two people to actually make a conversation, so I wasn't actually breaking Luka's rules. Maybe I should edit my messages. Was I really talking? Or was it more like a one person conversation? Or was some kind of talking to myself thing? You actually have to define what talking meant in this wording, though he did say 'talking to anyone', and I was technically talking to Adrien, but he wasn't replying, so does that adhere to his rules? Or maybe he meant a different kind, so does the word 'anyone' apply to anyone? Or maybe it just selectively applies to a couple of people? And if it does does it apply to Adrien? And if it does, does that mean I'm breaking his rules?

I go back to messaging Adrien.

Marinette: Adrien?

Marinette: Please, Adrien

Marinette: Just reply

Marinette: I can't loose you again

I put the phone down and close my eyes. Why was the happening? When did my life go to the underdogs?

I sigh deeply. I really need to go to therapy.

Why do I care about Adrien so much? Why do I still care for him? He's my worstmate. The person who's everything I'm not. My worst enemy.

So why do I still care for him? I let out an even deeper sigh. Since when did my life become a Wattpad fanfic?

I flop my bed and bury myself in the pillows. I groan. It was becoming the love triangle that I always read about. Do I choose the hot, sexy, seductive criminal or the good-natured, still hot gentleman?

My mind lingers on to Adrien, still puzzling about why I'm still not over him. Was it because of his manipulative personality? I remember Luka's words. He's only using me to get what he wants.

But he hasn't even talked to me in two weeks, so he couldn't have had any influence on me. So that means it's only my own emotion making this judgement.

I decide that any lingering feelings I still have over Adrien is simply because of the friendship we formed when he started school. It's only because we're just friends. There's nothing else to it.

Contented with my decision, I sprawl to the other side of my bed and stop messaging Adrien. Friends don't constantly spam each other right? Or ghost each other...

We're just friends, I repeat to myself. Really good friends. Friends whose red strings are connected to each other. Friends who saved each other's life.

Yep, we're just friends.

Definitely.

(Delulu is the Solulu everyone 😀)