3 | TUTOR

1 month later

1 month later

Do you know when they say you can't get up interaction out of your head?  For some reason that's me right now. I'm supposed to be studying for a test and I'm thinking about this interaction that I've had with Carter Diaz.

Since that interaction with him at a party, I've learned very much about him. Mal says her close friend Avery, who she skates with says he's a great guy.

But I've heard rumors. He's a big playboy around these parts of the school. 

I mean the night he asked me to hook up with him. I'm pretty sure he hooked up with Madison Garfield.

But it's not like I care.

I sigh putting on a jacket to go over my jeans and T-shirt. I got an email from the office and they told me today I need to go up and talk to them.

My anxiety is through the roof and I even took my medicine .

What could I have done?

I put a good neighbor to everyone in the dorm. I haven't really missed any assignment deadlines.

Mal is out at practice so I say bye to ginger and walk to the office.

A great part of being a broke college student get a walk everywhere you go.

Surprisingly, I haven't been to class yet.

Mal wants me to met up with her after practice.

She's been trying to get me to meet her skating friends. It's not like I don't want to. But I like having my circle small. Like there's Jimmy from the food market he's chill. Also 64-year-old man on the street.

Living in New York has made me realize all the dangerous stuff that you go by every day.

I'm originally from Wyoming. I know I know I don't seem like a farm girl but Yeehaw.

OK that was a joke, because who am I to say that? 

I am very much the least of it.

Do my parents live on a small little farm in Wyoming ? Yes does that make me a farm girl I don't think so.

All this talk, makes my anxiety go away until I walk to the doors and walk in.

"Hi Susan, it's Gemma I got a email last night to come here in the morning." I said placing my hands on the wooden desk in front of me.

"Oh hit Mrs watts! Yes. Me and the dean were looking at your profile, and we noticed that you had put up options to tutor?" She says.

Totally forgot about that. I did that in freshman wanting to. 'Open the playing field' as mal said.

"Oh yes." I said.

"Well looks like we're all booked up in our tutors who have been doing this for a while, but we have a student and he really needs help in one of his classes and we noticed that you had signed up for it but I haven't had anyone on there and we were wondering if you would be a doll and help this poor boy out." She said with her smile.

See I'm not stupid here. I know she's not asking me to do it. I do know that she is telling me that there's really no one else that if I let her down by saying no. She'll always hate me when I come in to get mail so.

"I mean my schedules not that tight right now-" I said before she cuts me off.

"listen all you need to do is pick out the time frames how many times you guys want to meet up? He plays on the hockey team and if he doesn't pass his class, he won't be able to play. So we really need your help doll!" She pleads.

I sigh. He's on the hockey team?

I haven't really met any of them. But last month I had an interaction with one of them, so I'm really debating this.

Even though I'm really debating this my mind and my mouth aren't the same.

"Of course." I said

Susan smiles widely at me. "Great!! I'll hand you his number and he will be reaching out to you soon!! Please let me know if there's anything I can do with this situation." She said as the phone was ringing.

I smile and take the paper with the phone number on it.

As soon as I get home, I put the sticky note on my vanity mirror and look at it.

Before I can even have a chance to think this out, and maybe call the office to tell him, I actually can't do this  the door bell rings.

I walk to the door and open it to see...

Carter Diaz.

He smiles at me.

"Hey tutor girl." He says leaning on the door frame.

My heads gonna explode.

"there's no way in hell that you're the person I have to tutor." Before I can even think of the words come out.

He smirks. He's amused by how much pain this situation puts me in.

"I was hoping my charm made Tuesday not tell you who you had to tutor." He said.

I was stunned as he just walked through.

"Cute dorm." He said looking around.

"just let yourself in that's fine." I say a little louder than I'd like.

"Hey no need to get fussy." He says with that stupid smile.

"Dealing." He mocks himself.

" there's no way in hell I'm actually going to tutor you!" I expressed.

"See well the whole school is counting on you because I am on the hockey team and they need me." He says with fake sympathy for himself.

dramatically put my hand on my chest and say. "Omg it's the end of the world if y'all lose one game!"

"See darling normally it would be fine but we're actually sucking ass this year with all of our seniors gone." He said walking around my dorm.

"So really we can't afford to lose anymore games."

I groan.

"listen, Gemma I feel like we can work this out." He said. "How?" I asked actually wanting to know what he had to say.

"You can tutor me and I'll do something for you." He said.

"Here the thing, Carter, I don't need help with anything." I replied dryly.

"I heard you need help with the song?" He said.

"Look Gemma all I'm saying is we can both help each other. Think about it you have my number."

He says then walks out my door.

***

I actually don't know how you feel about this chapter.

How are you feeling about the character so far? I know I'm asking my question but I wanna know.

Let me know what you guys want to see next!!!

Anyways, thank you for everything. I love you. !!!