6 | NOT SO BAD

I've been on these 'study dates' with Gemma for about a week

I know she's not opening up to me very very cold and distant towards me.

I agree to not being weird around her but something about her makes you want to crack her open.

"Round 2?" Madison said in my bed. Why am I thinking about my tutor while I'm literally in bed with one of the hottest girls at the University?

Probably because you like her ?

Who Madison? I've been very clear with. I don't date people.

no Gemma!

I hate my own thoughts.

"No im good, just let yourself out." I say.

Madison looks pissed.

She puts on her clothes. I don't even make a move out of the bed to put mine on. I know I'm gonna take a shower in a bit.

When Madison goes to open the door, I see Gemma standing there about to knock on the door.

"Oh." She says. "Madison's just leaving." I explained. Madison owes me a dirty look before walking past. Gemma.

"Turn." I say. Without any explanation, Gemma turns around.

I slide on some sweat pants. "Okay you're good." I say and Gemma turns back to me. I take note of what she wearing.

A NYU sweatshirt with black leggings, white Nike socks and white blazers.

"Here." She hands me a folder.

"What's this?" I open the folder. There's notes and different things in the note book.

I look back at Gemma who's smiling at me.

"it's nothing too serious. It's just some notes and some stuff you can go over before your test tomorrow." She explained.

I smirk. I know I'm warming up to her.

"Look it's good to be prepared." She exclaimed. "Also sorry for cockblocking you." She adds.

"It's good. I think Madison just silently ended our hook up agreement I don't really know." I explained.

"Oh she's not your girlfriend." She questioned.

I laughed and grabbed the folder to walk over to my desk to put it on it.

"I don't do dates nor date people." I I replied, setting the folder on my desk.

"Interesting." She says. She looks like she's in deep thought.

"So you're not hooking up with that Sarah girl?" She asked making herself comfortable on the end of my bed.

"Ohh no." I replied quickly not wanting to talk about Sarah.

"Okay so why did you get all red last night when she came around last night." Gemma asked. She was certainly curious.

"So you have a crush?" She asked curiously as she playing with her rings on her hands.

"What jealous?" I asked cocking my brow up. She laughed. "Not even close Diaz." She says smiling.

I hummed in response.

"Anyways study and let me know what you get?" She says standing up from my bed, which isn't the worst thing I've seen.

"Will do—" then I thought of an idea. "What will you do if I get a good grade." She turns around by the door.

"What do you want?" She asked. Then I had an idea. "I'll let you know tomorrow when I get a good grade." She shakes her head and leaves my room.

About 20 minutes after she'd left I've taken a shower and headed down stairs. That's when I saw a similar brunette, that was supposed to leave like awhile ago.

"Gemma?" I asked seeing Easton and Aiden sitting next to her. Making her into the middle of them.

She was laughing. That shouldn't quickly became one I wanted to hear again.

"Oh hey Carter." She says smiling.

"Why haven't you had us meet gem she's the best." Easton says. I lean against the frame of the wall.

Julia and Mia are siting on the other side of the couch.

"I don't know because we're barely friends." I say, Gemma doesn't disagree with me.

"He's not wrong." Gemma adds after a moment of my friend being silent.

"Um I should go but thanks for talking to me if was nice hopefully I will see you guys again." Gemma says standing up.

"Of course tell Carter to give us your number or something." Aiden says. I glare at him.

"Anyways thanks again." She says.

"I'll walk you out." I say following Gemma as she walks away, I glare at my friends.

"Sorry if they said anything weird or something." I said to Gemma as we approached the door.

"No it was alright they were better company than you." She jokes, "anyways thanks Carter." She says.

"No thank you again for the notes." I said. Then she drop her bag. "I'll be right back I forgot something in my car." She said leaving the door open.

Soon she came back with a Tupperware.

"Here I made these and mal said she couldn't eat them all so I decided to give you some if you want." She says handing my the Tupperware.

I opened the Tupperware to see cookies laying in the Tupperware, I could smell the cookies like they were still fresh. I broke a cookie in half.

I glanced at Gemma who was standing there nervously, I threw the half in my month and they were better than I thought they'd be.

"WOW Gemma these are pretty good." I replied to her nervousness that was radiating off her.

"Thank I just bake when I'm nervous and I make too much and mal said to just give them to you guys." She said picking up her bag.

"Thank you again Gemma." I said. She smiled. "Of course let me know how it goes tomorrow good luck." She smiles. 

I watch her get into her car and drive off.

Something about her makes me feel... different.

***
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter today!!!!

There's gonna be a lot on this story so just remember that.

Anyways I love you guys thank you for reading!!