8 | PASSING GRADE

I've been thinking about what I want to do if I pass

I've been thinking about what I want to do if I pass. I decided to not wait after class to get my grade. If I'm being honest I'm nervous.

Gemma's notes did really help. But when I sat down in mrs.Browns class I felt like all of the shit I'd learn was gone.

I was the last to finish my test but I think I did do good.

I need to take my mind off things right now.

I walk downstairs to see Sarah talking to Ethan and Avery.

"Hey Carter." She smiles at me. I feel that nervousness build up even more.

"Hey guys. I'm heading out." I feel that this house is getting smaller.

***

I stand outside her apartment, wondering if I should knock or go home.

That's when my hands moved faster than my brain.

Soon mallory opens the door with her skates in her hand and a bag.

"Oh sorry I didn't hear you knock I'm just about to leave for practice." Mallory says.

"Is Gemma home?" I asked with my hands in my pockets.

Mallory looks in the house and yells. "Gem it's for you!—" and then looks at me and smiles. "Try to keep your dick in your pants." She says as she walks pass me.

I have a confused look on my face until I'm faced with Gemma standing in front of me.

She's wearing a white tank top and shorts. I can see her legs, which let me say are amazing.

"Carter I wasn't expecting you until later, have you passed or failed?" She asked resting her body on the door.

"Oh no, I'm just nervous she hasn't posted the grades yet and I couldn't stay still so I was wondering if you wanted to do something." My voice was definitely not as confident as I wanted it too.

"Yeah I'm actually bored of cleaning, let me get changed." She says opens the door and lets me in. I watched as she walks to a room and shouts the door.

Soon Gemma comes walking out wearing blue jeans and a black knitted sweater and white Nike shoes.

"Ready?" I asked siting up from her couch.

"Yes." She says happily.

"Okay we're are we going?" She asked as we stepped out of her apartment.

"To be honest no idea." I said rubbing the back of my head.

"Okay then I'll take you to my favorite spot when I'm anxious." She says grabbing my arm with hers.

***

We stopped at a local hotdog place and we're now in the train station.

"Okay Gemma why are we here." I asked as she sits at a bench.

"When I'm nervous I come here and I watch people in their lives and I wonder just what's going on in their lives." She says looking around the station.

"And sometimes I put myself in their shoes and think what my life could've looked like if i was them." She finished with a sigh.

"Okay so pretend you're in that old man's shoes." I say pointing at an older guy.

She hits my hand down.

"You know it's rude to point." She says.

Then she gets a call. "Hold on I'm going to take this." She says slowly getting up.

When she leaves I look at the older guy again and imagine what my life as it had been happy and now I'm an old guy sitting and waiting for a train.

Try.

I close my eyes and think about how i am now and then how happy my life was and how happy i am now being old and happy.

I understand why she does it but why would she want to pretend to be someone else.

She's already prefect now she is.

"Sorry about that." She says sitting down.

"No you're alright."— then it hit me. "What time is it?" I asked. She looks at her phone.

"It's twelve." She says bring her attention back to me.

I quickly stand up and pull out my phone.

"Mrs.Brown puts up the grades at twelve." I say nervously opening up the grades.

I can't look.

"I can't do it you do it." I say handing her the phone.

She laughs and takes the phone.

I see her smile. I don't know if it's a good smile or a bad one. And right now I don't want to know.

Then she hugged me.

"Did I fail?" I questioned. She pulls away with the biggest smile ever. "No you passed!" She said.

I wrapped my arms around her and spun her around. "Omg omg thank you so much." I said.

That's when I kissed her.

***

Well I wanted to leave you guys on a cliffhanger.

But I hoped you enjoyed!!!

Also how do we feel about the characters???

I love you thank you for reading!!