15 | GIVING IN

Warning: mature content

A few minutes after my performance I find myself walking to my friends table.

"So how did I do?" I questioned surprisingly loudly even though my nerves are slowly killing me.

All of them

I smile at my best friend and all my new friends.

They all expressed how apparently I did amazing, I didn't feel as confident they made. Sure I did.

"Hey." I said to Carter as I faded out, everyone else's voices. He gave me he's all knowing cocky smile.

"You did amazing." He continues to smile at me, making me melt.

"Can we maybe get out of here?" I asked shocking me and him.

Play it cool. Gemma play it cool.

"Yea I would like that." He said with his hands going to my waist as we start to walk out of the bar. I don't do crowds.

We get out side and I cover my arms as the wind hits me.

"Gemma—" I cut him off with a kiss. He was shocked at first but then he pulled me in closer.

As I pulled away I covered my mouth with my hand. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize what I was doing and then I decided to just go for it and then I felt like—" this time it was my turn to get cut off by kissing.

I melt into the kiss. Heat traveling down my body. I wrapped my arms around my arms around his neck to bring us closer.

"Let's get out of here crowds freak me out." Carter admits. I laugh. "Me too." I said softly.

***

In full retrospect I have no idea what's going to happen tonight but I know I'm ready.

Or at least that's what I've been thinking about in the silent car ride back to his place. Well besides the music playing in the background.

I want Carter Diaz that's what I want.

He makes me smile and assure of myself.

He turn off the car. We both just sit in the driveway from open and not speaking. I think we both know what we're feeling, but we don't know how to express it.

I take a deep breath and I look at him to see him looking at me.

"You're staring at me." I muttered softly. "I can't help it Gemma." He stated.

"Why?" I say with no explanation. "What do you mean?"

"Everyone gives me a nickname, gem or even g and you always call me my full name." I say curious in his answer.

He sits there for a moment thinking, "I don't know I just like it."

I noticed his eyes staring at my lips and then back to my eyes.